Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy The other shoe has dropped.

I'm so tired and weary as I write this. As you know, my 6 year old came down with a SV* in the middle of this past week. She finally seemed to be back to normal today. I didn't sleep last night because she was up past midnight (couldn't sleep because she had laid around on the couch for almost 3 whole days). I couldn't sleep because of the anxiety that she might be feeling sick and that's why she couldn't sleep. I didn't want to take more ativan because I know you can become dependent on it if you take it too often, so eventually I took 1 Benadryl. My stomach was feeling off because of either anxiety or who knows what, so I took a dose of Pepto. I felt like I no sooner fell asleep that my 3 year old woke up ready for the day. She was perfectly fine all day today. Playing and both girls even went to their grandparents for awhile this evening. Our 3 year old didn't eat much all day, but she is a finicky eater anyway, so I was praying that was it. Well, while the kids were at the grandparents' my hubby started with d*. Ugh. Well, I hear adults often don't v* and will just get the d*, so I was hoping for that. Well, we went to pick the kids up and no sooner got our 3 year old into her bedroom that she v*ed on her bedroom rug. Poor baby. So, she is set up downstairs with my hubby for the night while I hide upstairs feeling like a wimp and just wanting someone to come and take all this sickness away from my house! It doesn't help that we got 20 inches of snow the day that my 6 year old got sick, so before tonight, the last time I had left the house was last Tuesday. The only word to describe how I feel right now is weary and depressed. I'm seeing my therapist on Thursday and will talk to her about how the depression is creeping back. I was so proud of myself for how well I handled my older daughter, and now I'm so mad at myself because I can't bring myself to care for my younger daughter. It's just too much too soon!

Anyway, I knew if anyone could understand it would be all of you.

Thanks for reading,

Default Re: The other shoe has dropped.

Im so sorry your having to go through this...I know how you feel because i have three kids and when theyre sick i FREAK out! If you dont mind me asking,..How many times did your six year old v* and how many times has the 3 year old v* too? Did your husband ever t*u* or did he just have d*? Oh and how many days ago was it when your six year old first got it? I know thats alot of questions but im just curious...
    Last edited by triciamassey; 02-14-2010 at 11:32 PM.
    Make me whole again....

We're going thru it right now, as I type this. I'm so sorry. How can we get through the night???? I want to fast forward time. I hope your daughter feels better very soon. Tomorrow is a new day!
    JANNA

I'm not surprised you feel depressed in this situation, you're snowed in and you have your worst nightmare happening right inside your house. Just keep in mind that nothing lasts forever and in a couple of days this will be an unpleasant memory. I hope hubbys illness didn't progress to anything nastier and that your 3 yr old is feeling better now xx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by triciamassey View Post
    Im so sorry your having to go through this...I know how you feel because i have three kids and when theyre sick i FREAK out! If you dont mind me asking,..How many times did your six year old v* and how many times has the 3 year old v* too? Did your husband ever t*u* or did he just have d*? Oh and how many days ago was it when your six year old first got it? I know thats alot of questions but im just curious...
    I don't mind. My 6 year old v*ed twice (about 2 hrs apart) and had d* several times a couple of hours before she v*ed. The v* started at 2 AM on 2/12. So it was about 2-3 days between when my 6 yo got it and my hubby and 3yo got it. Hubby only had d* 1 time but seems better now. He never tu*. My 3 year old (so far) v*ed 2 times within 5 min and that was it. No d* yet and she did keep small sips of water down overnight. I'll try saltine crackers or toast at breakfast if she says she is hungry. Today is a US Federal holiday (for those that don't know) so my 6 year old has now been off of school since last Wednesday. We are supposed to get more snow tonight on top of what we already have, so she may be home tomorrow too! I love my girl, but it's time to get back into a routine!
    Last edited by bjeanfritz; 02-15-2010 at 05:27 AM. Reason: Content
    Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear. ~Ambrose Redmoon

Ugh, not over yet apparently, 3 year old v*ed on kitchen floor this am. At least of was easy to clean up. Even tho hubby is sick he has to go to work, leaving me to deal with this alone again today. Ativan, here I come!

Pray for me if you are a person of faith!
    Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear. ~Ambrose Redmoon

How are things now?

OH, how nerve-wracking for you, and tiring of course. I hate when the kids are sick...that out of control feeling in the house is terrible. Don't worry and take the ativan if it helps you and since you are alone. I take it too, and try to limit myself a little too much. You sound aware of the risk of dependency so you will be fine. Hang in there...

Thanks so much everyone! She only v*ed the 2 times and then slept most of the afternoon yesterday and all night without incident. She was back to normal and starving today, but I kept her home from preschool just in case. She only goes 2 mornings per week since I'm a full time mom.
    I only take 0.5 mg of Ativan every 4 hrs AS NEEDED so I am at very low risk for developing a dependence. Last night I took Benadryl instead to help me sleep without listening for the kids too closely.

Janna are you out of the woods yet?

I'm a little excited to share my progress with my therapist on Thursday!

You all are so wonderful! Thanks so much!