Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Are there certain foods that can cause more nausea or heartburn than others? Foods thatcan make you more succeptible tofeeling sick??I heard something about oranges and citrus fruits, but that was a long time ago. I also read something here about drinkingsodas after a certain time.I was just wondering, because I seem to get nausea after drinking milk in the morning, and drinking coffee, andnausea after eating certain foods. I was just wondering about this today and wanted to hear some thoughts. [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think it differs from person to person. The nausea is probably from indigestion and your stomach not liking that food. I know I get nausea from garlic and heartburn from black olives. My brother gets nausea from alot of things, but he has that reflux disease and takes medication. So it really depends on the person.

In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Neha,
    i find that some foods make me feel yuck more than others - ie garlic and onions/spring onions and cheese and onion crisps - i dont know why but they make me feel so sick if i have eaten them for dinner - but at the time they taste so good! so i just try and tell myself that i wont be sick - they just 'make' me feel sick!

yeah - it must depend on person to person really!

There are foods that cause more nausea than others, but I think it just depends on the person. I know citrus fruits are very acidic, so can cause heartburn in some people. Milk is supposed to be good for the stomach, but maybe you are intolerant to it? I know I can never eat spicy foods because they make me feel nauseous. I think it just depends on the individual.

Abi xxxxx

\"You are beautiful, no matter what they say \"
    \"Too many Years, fighting back tears, why can\'t the past just die? Try to forgive, teach me to live, give me the strength to try\"

yup.. depends on the individual im sure. everyones stomach is unique (lol) so it can tolerate differnt things. so far i hvent come across something that has really disagreed with my stomach, altho, i tend to not like strong flavoured things because they make me feel a bit ill afterwrds for a whle.

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Soda always makes my stomach upset!

Garlic doesnt, though a few people here mentioned it. I eat fresh
    garlic almost daily because it has anti-viral properties. Hasnt anyone
    else heard of that or am I nuts?

You could have lactose intolerance if its milk that bugs you. That would be a bummer..

When I was little my mom always gave me milk to hel psettle my stomach. In biology I learned that milk is acidic, so it would make sense that it can give you heartburn. Ever since I found that out, I quit drinking milk to help ease my stomach. For me, anything with a lot of spice causes heartburn as well as acidic things like oranges and milk. I do find that if I take a Zantac before I eat anything that might trigger it, I usually can avoid the heartburn.

Citrus never made me feel sick. But Onions and Garlic sometimes do. It's like 90% of the time I can eat Onion and Garlic and be fine and then for some reason one night iit'll make me feel sick to my stomach. i never learn though LOL I love onion and garlic.....I also chew a lot of minty gum so it helps with my stomach and also my breath from the stinky garlic
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.