Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Astepro/Astelin? Side effects for an emet?

Has anyone here used the Astelin or Astepro sprays for sinus problems? I've had a mysterious sinus/allergy problem for over a year now and I've been given samples of this medicine. I've heard this stuff is infamous for it's awful taste and causing some people to gag, feel ill or even v*. I'd rather be congested than have to deal with that, obviously!

I have used Nasonex in the past and it was somewhat helpful, but it caused palpitations when I used it regularly, so I had to cut down. I've since run out of that and another doctor has given me a sample of Astepro...I was thinking about trying it but I am really scared to get sick from it. I also heard it causes fatigue/lack of motivation, and I don't need any more of that than I already have :/ It would be nice to try something new to see if it would help me, but I'm just too scared...I think I might just ask for Nasonex again...does anyone here have any opinion of it? I'll feel better about trying it if I know that those side effects are exaggerated.

Default Re: Astepro/Astelin? Side effects for an emet?

I've never used it but you could read the label or just ask the doctor if it will make you v* I always do....

I have not used that one but have used the nasonex. I would ask your doctor.

For me what works best is plain ol' saline rinses. I make my own salt water and do it 3+ times per day when having a hard time with my sinuses.

Good luck!

Yes, I normally would ask the doctor if it caused nausea (if it was something taken orally). But considering he looked at me like I was crazy when I told him it caused heart palpitations (simple Google search would tell you that much), I don't always trust their opinions.

The problem was not that the spray caused nausea or v*, it would taste bad enough for people to want to v* or gag, etc. Which I would assume is based on one's tolerance for taste. So I just didn't want to find out the hard way!

I do the saline rinse thing too! Unfortunately, it doesn't cure my problem, but I know it works wonders for a lot of people.

I decided I am using the Nasonex in the meantime...maybe one day I will be bold enough to try Astepro. Thank you for your opinions, though!