Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Hi :)

Default Hi :)

hi, Im Hannah
    I live in Wales, Ive suffered with a fear of being sick for as long as I can remeber now, Im also sure I know what started it but dont seem to be able to move on from it
    When I was really young and we went on holiday my gran constantly told me how I shouldnt eat this, shouldnt eat that because it would make me sick ( I know she was just trying to look after me) and I used to get so scared I used to starve for the 2 weeks we went away!! and as a child If I ever was sick Id cry and shake
    Also when I was 14 I went on the pill (v young I know) I had a bad reaction to it, I got migraines 3-4 times a week and threw up each time and the reaction to throwing up was just as bad from when I was a young child.
    Ive gone through stages of avoiding foods, told people I was a veggie just so I didnt have to eat meat Im still terriable with meat/fish even if its tinned! If I go to a reastraunt for the first time I find the experience very stressfull and then get very upset with myself for being so silly about it, Im nearlly 30 and Id love to just be normal
    Also does anyone find their partner or family unhelpful and unsupportive? Sometimes mine just seem to think Im just being silly and its really hurtful

Default Re: Hi :)

Hi Hannah - welcome to the site! I've just turned 30 so similar age to you

Lots of people here know where you are coming from with unsupportive family members - to them, v*ing is just a normal part of lief, happens sometimes, is not very nice, but that's that. They can't understand the fear that we have and the other problem is that emetophobia is so little known and talked about. If you had OCD, or agoraphobia or one of those 'high-profile' anxiety disorders, they might feel more able to understand this and accept it. So you are certainly not alone! Your symptoms sounds very similar to everyone here and I hope you'll find the site as helpful as we do

Esther

Hi Thanks for the welcome

Its nice to have somewhere to come to talk about it without people thinking your a bit odd lol Dont get me wrong some of my friends are ok about it but it will be much nicer to come on here.

welcome! hope you find this site has helpful as i have.......i finally told my husband about my emet.....and used this site for him to read some posts to help him understand just how scarey this is to us........i see so much of myself in the people here.....

again....welcome and enjoy !
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.