Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Scared

Hi

Well, this week Ive had a reasonably good week as far as the emet goes, but today I went trampolining and was talking to a girl there for about an hour. Towards the end of the session she decided to tell me how her stomach was doing somersaults and how sick she felt. Now im really worried that maybe she has a stomach bug and that im going to get it. I have tried to tell myself a million of reasons why she may have felt that way, as i know i often feel sick but hardly ever have a bug but its not working and im worried. How easy is it to catch bugs through the air when standing relatively close to someone, or for example, she put her hands on the trampoline, so did i, then i touched my hair and my hair went in my mouth, so could i catch it this way. (i also have obssessive-compulsive disorder so have a tendency to over analyse everything).

I am supposed to be working on my dissertation but i just cant focus as im so scared im going to get ill. when i got home i had a really hot shower and changed all my clothes. i dont know what to do to stop feeling like this, im worried i may end up having an asthma attack if i get too worked up as i can already feel my chest tightening.

HI Nicki,I hear what u are saying and I'm not going to say,don't worry because it's easier said then done....but i have been in your situation a few times,where people have been either ill with the bug,or i find out the day after i have been with them,they have fallen ill..........u have to be in quite close contact with them,i.e kissing or using the same cutlery or cup..........and if they have cooked for u,thats when bugs can be transferred..........and of course claering up for them ,i really feel u will be ok.......last week while i was at the gym,a lady who goes as well,.mentioned she felt ill the week before last,so stupidly i asked her this week how she was and she replayed with,oh I'm better now I've had this stomach virus..............and as u can imagine my heart started racing and thinking all the worse things under the sun............i used all the same machines as her but as soon as i finished i washed my hands and like u hada shower when i got home,and i didn't catch anything off her.............i mean if i think of all the people i have come in contact with,and u don't know if they have had it or are ill,but they don't mention anything,but we still don't fall ill,so i think u will be fine............i hope this has put your mind at slight rest ad not confused u or made u feel worse..........keep us updated but like i said u will be fine!!!!!!!!!!!!

take care Vicky xx

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I really hope you're right and that i dont get ill. I dont know what it is about being ill that scares me as i was sick at easter , the first time i was shaking really bad nearly in a panic attack, but each time it got easier. I think its because i think being ill is shameful (after a few bad experiences as a child) and i get scared it willhappen somewhere where there are other epople, or i'll have to cancelplans and explain to people why i wasnt there.

At the moment i am really nauseous, maybe im just hungry, most likely due to anxiety as there is that small part in my head that just cant let go of the thought that i may have caught a bug off the girl at trampolining, she didnt say she had a bug, just that she felt sick and even said it was probably her own fault cos she stayed up really late the night before. But still i am scared

i know exactly how you feel
    dont be afraid there could be a billion reasons why she was nauseous..ppl that aren't emets take it so lightly

i doubt she had a bug..plus aren't ppl mainly just contagious whent hey have a fever? i doubt she had a fever tehn

i can give you a huuuuge promise that the only reason you feel icky right now is on account of your nerves!!! i PROMISE....we've all been there and back a billion times [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    DO IT TREMBLING IF YOU MUST,
    BUT DO IT!! -unknown

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. -dr wayne dyer

There could be so many reasons that she is ill...even the bouncing of her trampoline could upset her tummy! And I ALWAYS feel icky when I'm nervous, so I doubt that you will get sick. I know exactly how you feel, and I am positive that you will be just fine!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Sounds to me like the trampoline made that girl's stomach upset. I know if I jumped on one of them, I would be in the same boat! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]Don't worry...she probably just shook things up a bit, Charlotte