Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Smile I had my baby boy!

And for any of you ladies who are afraid of pregnancy or labor/delivery, I was n* during pregnancy (no v*) and during labor/delivery I had no n* or v*!! It can be done!
    Birth story below...

Dominick Vincent was born Feb. 5, 2010, at 9:56pm...7 pounds, 5 oz. I was 39 weeks, 2 days pregnant.

So on February 5th, I woke up late, about noon, and had a little breakfast...nothing new. Well at about 1:30pm, I started feeling a contraction but this one was 'different' from the BH contractions I had experienced over & over for weeks. There was a little cramping in my lower region and I felt like I had to go to the bathroom NOW. I thought it was weird but didn't think anything of it since of course there had been so many false alarms before. These contractions continued every 15-20 minutes until about 4pm. Then at about 4:30, they weren't really more painful but getting closer together. It was getting to the point though that I couldn't talk through them easily. By about 6:30pm, they were 4-5 minutes apart, pain was a little worse but very tolerable. DH was the one that told me this really might be something and we should at least get it checked out. Fine....we left for the hospital at about 7:15pm, arriving at about 7:30. We checked in and sat down to wait. At about 7:45pm, I stand up to use the bathroom and Bam, water breaks! This is happening!! So I tell the nurse ummm my water just broke, and thankfully they checked me in right away. I get checked while the pain is getting worse and the nurse tells me I'm already dilated to 7!!! You could've knocked me over, I was so shocked. So I finally walk to the room, stopping to contract every 3 minutes or so.
    This is where it got kinda bad (couldn't be all smooth sailing)... I have a curved spine and I've always been a little nervous about the epidural with that. Rightly so...while they make me sit completely still they had to try 3 times before getting it, meanwhile I'm in so much pain that I'm chewing my gown to keep still. It was bad. That probably took like 45 minutes and in that painful 45 minutes, I transitioned and dilated to 10!!!! So the second they got it in, I had to start pushing. I was so worn out. I pushed & pushed for about 20 minutes and unfortunately I got weak so they had to help me with a vacuum and cut me (like 2nd degree) but in one more push he was out!! It all happened so fast! I arrived at the hospital at 7:30pm and he was born at 9:56pm.

Click the link to see a picture of my little guy

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1.../Dommietoy.jpg

Default Re: I had my baby boy!

Congratulations!!! You are so brave ... and what a little cutie he is! (Really! I'm not just saying that. He looks absolutely adorable!) Sorry to hear about the trouble with the epidural, I didn't know it could be so tricky when you have a curved spine. But wow ... arriving at the hospital at 7:30 and giving birth at 9:56 ... that's fast. Once again: Congratulations!

(Yep, I'm one of those ladies who are scared. I don't want to have kids myself, but I find it beautiful and amazing that other women do.)

He's beautiful!! Congratulations! So glad that your labor went smoothly.

Omg! He's beautiful!! Congratulations!
    And you're right. It can be done. I was RARELY n* when pregnant and didnt have n* or v* during labor either!

congratulations.....you are sooooo brave....he's adorable!
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That is far and away the cutest newborn I've ever seen. Holy cow.

Thanks so much for your story! I'm only 18, and I hope to wait several more years before having a child, but I always love hearing stories of women who's pregnancies (and labor) go smoothly and m*s* free.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <- clicky
    I'm a recovered emet

Oh congratulations! Your son is so cute.. And already looks like he has a lot of personality! You did soo well getting through it, I mean Im only 17 so I have no idea what it's like but I can still say well done! And I'm glad it happened so fast, I hear of some people I know who've been in pain for hours... I guess your little one was ready to come see the world. Congratulations again
    "Here in the final draft, I've given all I have,
    Strange how the heart expands in the absence of a plan,
    There's nothing left on the page but I'm okay with that,
    I found my resolution was designed for stronger hands"

I'm going to have to agree that this is one of THE cutest newborn babies I've ever seen....I am in love with him....I admire you so much hun! It's amazing! I hope someday to overcome my fear of these bugs so I can have a little one of my own........I'm so sad too though......what if I never get the courage to try?

Congrats! He is amazing. Thanks for sharing your story.

Congrats! Hes really cute.

ladies!! i found out i'm 6 weeks pregnant!! i need some tips to survive! pleasee and thankyou

He is so adorable. Congratulations.
    Enjoy him. Little boys are delicious.

Stella

wow. beautiful! and u are right, it can be done. i went two whole pregnancies and deliveries without and v*.

awww hs so cute. well done. you must be really pleased!! big congrats!

Smile Re: I had my baby boy!

He's such a cutie! And what a head of hair on him!!

Congrats, you must be so pleased.

congrats to you!!
    psalm 139
    we are fearfully and wonderfully made

how awesome! he is adorable! I went through 2 pregnancies and deliveries (well I had slight nausea but they gave me meds during delivery) and I was fine. Both of my boys were a month early and I labored SO fast I didnt have time for epidurals at all...within 20 mins both of my boys were out 1 was 2 pushes 10 mins and the other was 4 pushes 24 mins! And his 3rd birthday is today!!! I love being pregnant...actually I feel my best when I am pregnant...Just an fyi for some of you who are scared...I have never felt so good!!! and believe it or not I love delivery and being in the hospital .If I have a 3rd I am going to have a home birth. I figure if I can do it twice without an epi and so fast, I might as well do it peavefully without the craziness of a hospital...

Congrats again he is just gorgeous. What is his name? Boys are the best...they love their mamas SO much!!!

I have had 2 babies and I haven’t v* yet through pregnancies, labour, (lots of) childhood illnesses, long car journeys etc..

I have felt n* though, especially when pregnant with my second. I had to re-educate myself to eat when I felt n*. It was really odd to eat a mars bar when feeling n*, but it would make me feel completely better...something I would NEVER normally do!!

I am SOOOOO please I had my 2 beautiful girls..it is such a special experience.

Congratulations! I didn't have any n* or v* with any of my pregnancies or deliveries. I've been a mom for nearly 19 years and have never caught a sv from any of my children. I cannot imagine life without them. You will love being a mom! It has been the highlight of my life.
    Elizabeth

That's nice.