Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Are you musical?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I play more than 1 instrument

14 33.33%
  • Yes - I play a musical instrument

6 14.29%
  • Yes - I enjoy listening to music

20 47.62%
  • No - not really

2 4.76%

I am very interested in the connection between phobias and music. I know that alot of people here are musical - I thaught I'd do a quick survey on it!

I personally believe that for me music is a release, and a chance for me to be in control of an instrument and how it sounds. Its a big help in relaxing myself after panicing.

Do you feel the same way?

I said yes, I play a musical instrument because I an a singer. I did take piano and guitar lessons for a short time, but singing is what I do best.
    It\'s all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

I am artistically challenged in every which way and form... so I just listen to music of ALL types lol.

xoxo

Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well, my main instrument is a trombone, which I believe, is the instrument I have talent at. I also have a keyboard and I sing a lot in the shower and other places. So, I play two instruments (trombone, keyboard) and LOVE listening to music.

Lizzy

I play bass and guitar and dabble a bit in singing. I also enjoy listening to music, "music's what I need to keep my sanity" I guess is a good quote to use.
    AIM - r311dude (don\'t be shy, I love to chat)

clarinet, tenor sax and piano

Guitar and voice, mostly, but also recorder, a little mandolin, bass, learning flute....oh, and I am a music teacher!!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

wow, Mary..what's being a music teacher like? I've thought a lot about going into teaching, but i would love to travel with it ideally.
    Do you provide one-on-one tuition, or doyou teach in schools?

I play piano and trombone. I like to listen to music a lot also. 'Tis quite
    calming to play either, or listen to music.
    -Anna

I play french horn, played trumpet when needed in high school, dabbled in guitar and piano.... I LOVE music, I think it is the thing that relaxes me the most, it puts me in a really good place in my head, I love it when you make music and it just fits so well together and sounds like perfection. Music is extremely powerful.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Jazz,

Being a music teacher is great!! I teach in a school to kids aged 4-13. I also teach private guitar lessons on the side. Go into teaching...it's great!! How could you travel with it?

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

I ama singer, I go to lots of singing competitions...and then I play piano (for singing) and drums, jsut because I was interested!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

yay my theory is right!!!! Wow laods of musicians! We'l have to start an international emetophobic band! lol [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Nope no musical talent whatsoever here, however I am a writer...when things bother me writing takes my mind offa things. I will write a short story or poem when I need to get my mind off of something...

i LOVE music.... and i'm gonna learn to play the guitar soon [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

i like writing too!
    id love to become a travelling musician someday, ideally to be part of an orchestra or bigband. Travelling musicians get to entertain and see so much of the world. id love it.

I played the cello for 5 years but had to stop when I switched schools because they didnt have a program. I played the flute for about a year. Tried piano and hated it. I'm thinking about either finding another cello teacher or taking up guitar. I'd rather play the cello because it's so soothing to hear somebody play it. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

Quote Originally Posted by izzybee
    We'l have to start an international emetophobic band! lol [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

That would rock soooo hard.. we could be called "Emetucated in the Art Life" and we'd be all hella cool and we'd be at number one on the world charts and the groupies, OMG THE GROUPIES!!! !!!!! haha [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by r311dude

Quote Originally Posted by izzybee
    We'l have to start an international emetophobic band! lol [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

That would rock soooo hard.. we could be called "Emetucated in the Art Life" and we'd be all hella cool and we'd be at number one on the world charts and the groupies, OMG THE GROUPIES!!! !!!!! haha [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

And you'll wear the T-shirts too right? lol
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

Heckz yea I'll wear the t-shirts..with all our names instead of tour dates..Emetophobe Fest 2004!!!!!

aw deffenatly! I can see it all now! Maybe we can record something!

Or we'd all turn up and say "Meh... I feel sick. GOing home"

I love listening to music. It really relaxes me. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

I try not to listen to music when I feel sick actually. Recently ive been listening to music at a music lower volume aslo. im not sure why. when i feel sick i concentrate on breathing and myself. I know i should focus on somehting else but it makes me feel worse. I need to wring my hands or press my nails in my skin on something to take my mind off it elsewise.

I have always wanted to learn to play the piano.

my piano lessons are going really slowwly..iv reached grade 6 on the clarinet, but i am struggling with the theory side of music, dear lord.. i hate it so bad!
    it's all maths etc..maths isn't a strong point for me.
    i can't memorize key signatures etc..
    ANYWAY! more to the point, i played with a big-band for 2 years we did gigs and i got paid a nice packet at the end of the night..i used my sax more for that.
    i even got a solo slot where i got up and played "Stranger on the Shore" nostallgic anyone??[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    yehh, it was so much fun, i love performing, although i felt as though i had to give it up, my emet got the better of me[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]and every rehearsal, i would feel extremely sick. i do regret this slightly, but it gives me more time to concentrate on school stuffs and piano lessons, oh and theory of course..[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Theory is the worst! Have you passed your grade 5 theory? It took me 2 years and 6 attempts before I passed mine [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I'm going to start an experiment soon - see if I can merge recordings and make it into a song!! lol I'm so into this idea!!!

Hi,

Oh this is exciting so many people into music!! Music is my life pretty much (along with horse riding). I play the piano, guitar, violin and the recorder if we are counting. I play in different bands, on my own etc....I find it so relaxing!!! I also sing with my kareoke machine (only on my own because I'm not the greatest singer lol), but instruments are my thing!!!!

Kats xxx

i have done absolutely no theory lol! im still struggling with grade 1,it's ridiculous..im churning my way through past papers and getting marks in the high 80's..but im aiming for atleast a 90 before i can switch to grade 2 lol

Oh my gosh Kats, I don't know if I told you, but I LOVE to ride horses also! I've been riding since I was four, and it is basically my favorite thing in the world, I do it all the time. along with singing, hehe! Wow that's amazing...

&lt;3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

aww jazz. Well I failed my exam 5 times! The 6th attempt I only passed with the pass mark! lol Theory is hard. I'm lucky casue I'm quite good at maths - but even so it was a hard slog!