Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Hello, new here.

I just found this forum today, and I am so glad.

It's hard to pinpoint how long I've been emetophobic, because fortunately, my emetophobia is pretty mild (I can deal with v* as long as I know that is is not contagious and as long as it's not happening to me), so some days, I am not confronted with the fear at all. Other days, I am an anxious mess all day long - sometimes even for weeks straight.

I think what scares me the most about it is losing control, and getting s* unexpectedly. I haven't v* in my entire life that I can remember, so I don't know what to expect or do if it happens. And I rarely get sick at all (one cold a year, at the most), so it's even more terrifying to me.

It's nice to know that I am not alone. I know that reading the posts here will help me to stay calm when I get anxious.

Default Re: Hello, new here.

welcome.....it is nice to know that we are not alone anymore.....i've spent 50 years wondering what was wrong with me......when i found this site it was like reading my life story.....has helped me tremendously with my anxiety and being able to tell my family about this.

glad you're here !
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi and welcome. It sounds to me like you could be scared because you've never v*'d before. How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I've only v*d once from illness when I was a child and I'll be 22 this year. Most of my family almost never v* (if they do it's more likely to be from alcohol). So I can really relate to your concern about losing control and not knowing what to expect. Most people here will tell you when they do actually v* - it is nowhere near as bad as they had imagined it would be. And often when you really are s* - v* will make you feel 10 x better. But if you've not v*'d before, there's a good chance it's not going to happen because your body isn't used to performing that function. Lol, if that makes sense? Like I have this friend who v*'s multiple times each year, even with colds! and it doesn't phase her in the slightest bit. But as long as you maintain good hygiene and eat properly cooked food, you should be fine!

Hi! You sound just like me! Im totally fine around v* as long as its not contagious and Im not the one doing it. Its nice to see someone like myself, who doesnt have such a full blown phobia around v*. But still, Im terrified of myself v*ing. And that's why were here.