Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Re: Thinking about what we are actually scared of

For me emetophobia is more of a fear of the unknown, since it's only ever happened twice in my life. It's reallllly foreign and scary to me. I don't think I'm scared that it will kill me or anything although I'd probably *want* to die if it ever happened again! Interesting theory though...hmm, I'm massively scared of cockroaches - but I know they won't kill me? Like I am deathly afraid and will scream, hyperventilate and cry if I see one. Silly really.

Default Re: Thinking about what we are actually scared of

Quote Originally Posted by pretendworld_ View Post
    For me emetophobia is more of a fear of the unknown, since it's only ever happened twice in my life. It's reallllly foreign and scary to me. I don't think I'm scared that it will kill me or anything although I'd probably *want* to die if it ever happened again! Interesting theory though...hmm, I'm massively scared of cockroaches - but I know they won't kill me? Like I am deathly afraid and will scream, hyperventilate and cry if I see one. Silly really.
    I am exactly the same with roaches!