Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default sort of OT but really scared--girls only please

So about a week ago I was on my period and I went to change my tampon and I didnt seem to have one in. So I kinda searched around for it a bit and just put a new one in and I didnt feel anything else in there. Today I was thinking about it so I decided to relieve myself and just do a google search to see if it was possible to lose a tampon like that. Apparently it is... So Im kind of scared now but this happened on Monday, so wouldnt I already be showing symptoms of TSS by now? I just looked (err felt) around in there again with my finger and felt nothing and pushed and felt nothing. Do you think I should see a doctor? But I may have just forgotten to put one in and forgotten that I had forgotten....This has happened to me before last month and I didnt worry about it too much and I figure that time was a month ago, Id be dead by now if one had been in there that long. Has anyone had this happen before? Im freaking out.

Default Re: sort of OT but really scared--girls only please

Im scared my mom isnt home and I dont want to tell my dad uhhggg

help help help

okay just did the thing where you put a finger in and sweep around in a circle and didnt feel anything, but could one still be in there?

urrg anyone? Im sorry this is TMI but Im really freaking out over here

Most likely you just forgot that you didn't put one in. A tampon can't get "lost". It can't go past your cervix. If you squat down it will be easier to check. Don't panic. If you feel discomfort or there's a funny odor, go to a doctor, but I wouldn't get too freaked out.

Yea I think the most logical explanation would be i just forgot i already took it out, but theres still that slight chance.. I think I will tell my mom tonight and see what she thinks..

You won't necessarily get TSS. I read horror stories online about people noticing a stench and then realizing...yeah. A week later. Ugh.

I once ended up with 2 in me at once...realized it when something wasn't right. Make sure it's not far up. I was terrified to go in there to look, but my mother had told me, "Well, you have 2 choices: get it yourself, of have them do it in the ER." I found a way to get it out. Haha. It was not easy.

Im not even sure theres 1 in there so how can I be sure? And I did what it said to do online I just dont know if I did it right. I didnt feel anything

Quote Originally Posted by cactusinmyhead View Post
    Im not even sure theres 1 in there so how can I be sure? And I did what it said to do online I just dont know if I did it right. I didnt feel anything
    I really hate having to say this...but you really gotta get your hand all up in there. Before that incident happened to me, I didn't know that was possible. I don't mean literally stick your entire hand up there! But just think, if a baby can come out of there, your hand can perform search and recovery on a tampon.

Might I ask what kind you used? Tampax seems bigger and has a thicker string. The Playtex one was what did me wrong -it's shorter and the string is this flimsy thread that got lost inside. Either way, you will feel something, trust me.

They were tampax pearls, the really nice ones with nice applicators. And I definitely didnt see a broken string... But it may have been a regular or light, I dont remember. And I do remember that I was bleeding onto my underwear when I seemed to have "lost it" so maybe I did just forget to put one in. Ill check again anyway though. Thanks.

A tampon isn't able to get past your cervix, and your vaginal canal is only about 4 -6 inches long. If you've pushed and felt around and still there's NO SIGNS, then you probably just forgot to put one in. Also, you definitely would have noticed a smell and irritating dryness by now. I used to have worries about forgetting about tampons and "losing them" and I switched to a menstrual cup. SOOO much easier. No risk of TSS, you can't lose it, if it's put in correctly there's no leaking and best of all, there's no waste, and you don't have to buy one every month. It pays for itself after a couple of months. Best thing I ever found!
    And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
    Anais Nin

Quote Originally Posted by cactusinmyhead View Post
    They were tampax pearls, the really nice ones with nice applicators. And I definitely didnt see a broken string... But it may have been a regular or light, I dont remember. And I do remember that I was bleeding onto my underwear when I seemed to have "lost it" so maybe I did just forget to put one in. Ill check again anyway though. Thanks.
    EEEK! Please go to the Doctor! Those pearls! I had to go get one removed by a doctor! If you put one in water, you will see it expands, like a flower. well, this is great, but what happened to me is that it cupped my cervix, swelled up and and got stuck between my cervix and vaginal walls! don't ask me what happened to the string, but I fished for it, my husband at the time went in looking for it (awkward but he tried to help), and finally, we went to the ER. Neither of us felt it in there! I am not trying to panic you. I promise, not every tampon is going to give you TSS. Anyway, the doctor took it out, and it came out in pieces because it was so stuck in there. the shape of the tampon is the culprit in this situation. I told my mom and all my female friends about this because the doctor said it wasn't her first encounter of this sort with them!! So please, use regular tampons, and go to the doctor! If you haven't displayed signs of TSS, you probably wont, but you don't want that up in you if it is there! please let us know that you are ok!!

good news everyone. I went to the doc and there was nothing in there. Heh just me being paranoid.

I'm glad you're ok! This is why I use sanitary towels, no risk of those disppearing haha!
    I'm guilty of being innocent
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.