Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: A close call...

Ugh! Saturday was my hubby's grandad's funeral...I spent the whole day watching everyone's faces for any sign of wooziness because sometimes people get so upset at funerals that they pass out and/or vomit, which kept my stomache in knots the whole time...

*WARNING: Descriptive graphic material ahead...*

Anyways, after the funeral there was a small lunch reception. All the food was spicy mexican dishes--mole, chile verde(but it was spicy usually it's not spicy) and another dish that looked spicy as well, but I didn't know what it was. I normally don't touch anything spicy at all, I just don't like it #1 and #2 spicy almost always leads to an upset stomache from what I have known. My only other option was salad, beans and rice. I ate small portions of those, but was still hungry and wanted some kind of meat. My husband told me that one of the meat dishes that he ate wasn't spicy, so I went to get some and by the time I got there it was gone! Damn! I was hungry still humm. I look at the mole and get a small portion of it...it was slightly spicy, but bareable. I ate it. We went home not soon after that and I turned in at about 10 pm. I woke up at 2 am with my stomache cramping so bad I curled up in a ball moaning in pain. I got up and ventured to the bathroom. Was suddenly hit with a wave of nausea on top of the cramps. I grabbed 2 peptos and ate them fastand started to pray for the nausea to go away please...I sat on the toliet holding my stomache trying to figure out what I would have to do if I suddenly was going to vomit. I looked at my bathroom trashcan it was full with trash, looked to my right and there was the tub and I thought okay that would be my only option if I had to vomit and diarreah was happeing at the same time. I sat there and my mouth started to water in that oh so familiar way and I closed my eyes and said please god no, please. Then the diarreah came and I tried to fight the nausea as my stomache cramped worse. Once the diarreah passed the nausea started to lessen...WHEW! My stomache still was cramping something horrible though. I was able to stumble back to bed and sleep for a couple more hours before having to get up 2 more times during the night with diarreah. The next morning my stomache was still "off", but at least the nausea was gone...My hubby tells me that didn't you know mole is a mixture of chocolate(a natural laxative) and chile? I responded no, but if I would have known, I wouldn't have eaten it! I had had mole before and that had never happened to me before, so it must have been the way it was made something was different that made my react to it like that...

It seems that whenever I eat something that doesn't agree with me and I get diarhea, that I get nauseated along with it. I get the cold/hot feeling, the watery mouth, all that. It's the worst feeling ever. Glad you're feeling "better".

In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

poor you! i know that i'm always cautious when im surrounded by food. that's because i like plain food.. i don't go for fuss, if i have a sandwich,ill only want one sort of filling inside it..whenever i go out they always seem to combine food and i can't stand that.
    Spicy meat drives me mad.. guh! who wants to eat spicy ham with their food!
    When you think about it though, what you ate beforehand was very "safe" so it's likely that you felt sick because of the event.
    Recently,iv felt sickbecause im stressed out at school etc.
    i did a gig the other night, and i went before id eaten..anyway they provided a buffet for us,with sandwiches and soup etc..
    the only sandwiches i liked the look of were ham and tomato, but i ended up disecting the tomato..and realising that the bread had come into contact with onion..bleugh!

Not only that,but i think everyone suffers nausea to a degree when they have to wake up early.. ever been to the airport in the early hours?? ugh, you know where im coming from..it was unfortunate that you had to wake up.
    I'm sorry you had to go to a funeral also.

oh yikes... sounds scary

and is precisely why i will not touch nehting with a strong flavour/colour! lol

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am so so sorry you had to go through that!!! I guess non of us will be eating mole anytime soon!!!

oh i hear you! i'm sorry...yes it is when i have it coming out the other end that i panic the most

i dont eat anything spicy or too rich either
    DO IT TREMBLING IF YOU MUST,
    BUT DO IT!! -unknown

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. -dr wayne dyer

I'm sorry that happened, and that your husband's grandfather died.
    Anyways, it probably could have been the mole. It was the mole... like as
    in rodent mole? This is unrelated, but today there was a cat that had a
    mole in it's mouth, so I shouted at it until it put it down. Poor mole, but it
    was alright. Mole are quite adorable.
    -Anna

rhinoseri, lol
    you're funny!
    you saved the mole good job! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    DO IT TREMBLING IF YOU MUST,
    BUT DO IT!! -unknown

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. -dr wayne dyer

Hehe- yeah, I really love moles. When I lived in England for a while, the neighborhood kids and I would always go out and try to "save" moles. There were tons of them!

There's also this little two year old that I go to babysit most afternoons, we read the same book everyday, and there's this charachter named Max the Mole- whenever he sees him he shouts "Maxamohle!"
    -Anna