Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: agoraphobia

I was just wondering if anyone else is struggling with agoraphobia because of their emet? And/or extreme difficulties with food phobias?

anna

[email protected]

i don't have any other phobias besides Emetophobia, but i do have issues where food is concerned.
    for eg: i won't touch any type of sauce.
    i used to have a phaze where i refused to eat hot food, with the fear that hot food was more likely to make me vomit (?)
    I also used to restirict the ammount of food items whichi ate in a day, for eg: i wouldn't allow myself to have more3 items in the morning. i know this is crazy, but i am slightly more sensible now..!
    i have always had issues regarding food. some foods i will geuinely feel scared of after eating..

social phobia .. sometimes with obvious agoraphobic symptoms.

as for food.. wudnt say its a phobia...

Jen xxx

Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Not really, but like the others i do have issues with food too just not phobic of food. I dont have agoraphobia only social phobia. [i'm so bad off with mysocial phobiaat the moment that i start crying in classfor like the littlest things sometimes ie- the teacher calling on me [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]]Edited by: wing
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

I was agoraphobic for awhile...but it was more related to not wanting to be around people when I feel sick...so it's really social phobia...like...I can go for a walk outside...and feel okay...but walking in a mall is hard...cos lots of times I panic being around all the people and I definitely don't like eating out all that much.
    It\'s all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

yes i have trouble in social situations and with certain foods. for example, i wont drink milk
    yes i panic when called on in class as well.. sometimes in social situations i get that fight or flight response
    DO IT TREMBLING IF YOU MUST,
    BUT DO IT!! -unknown

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. -dr wayne dyer

I
    suffer from agoraphobia along with emetophobia. I 'm not
    comfortable at malls, movie theaters, elevators, or even sitting in
    traffic. I feel completly out of control, and that scares me the
    most. I worry constantly that I'm gonna be sick no matter where i
    am. I go as far as carring a plastic bag in my car....just in
    case. Although I've never needed it. My emetophobia brings
    on my agoraphobia. So yes, a couple of us are lucky enough to
    have both.</span>

</span>

Because of the phobia I am agoraphobic. I dont like being out in public, I stay away from places where there isa lot of people. Because of the phobia I havea problem going to a dentist, because of that my teeth need help in a bad way, doesn't matter if he has a drill in my mouth I will bolt! Dec. 8th I am going to the dentist for the first in years, and when he does the work for the next appt. a IV will be put in and I will be sleeping, nervous about waking up and being sick but this has to be done.

For food, I watch what I eat, I eat chicken and I always make sure it is it is fully cooked, everything I make is fully cook. For leftovers, one day in my fridge and then they are thrown out. I always look at the expire date on foods, if they are one day before the expire date they are thrown out.