Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: *sigh*

My nerves are so messed up today. Thanksgiving is almost here and I'm a nervous wreck that I'll fall ill to a stomach bug before or during the time I'm at my aunts. My aunts is only ten minutes from my house but I would be so miserable being sick during a holiday. Actually I'd be miserable being sick anytime. For some weird reason I believe I'm going to feel sick or be sick on Thanksgiving. Anyways, my mom brought me Subway home today. I was uneasy about eating it because I'm trying to be as careful as I can with germs. She also brought me cookies from Subway. I stuck them in the freezer for 15 minutes to kill germs. I got on the net and read up to see if freezing actually killed germs and I found out that it does not. It prevents them but doesnt kill any that exist. Knowing this, stupid me STILL ate the darn cookies and now I'm petrified that I've been infected with a stomach virus. I got heartburn really bad right now and usually I'm eating Rolaids like candy to get rid of the heartburn but I'm allowing myself to have heartburn now so it'll kill off a stomach virus. Does it kill off a stomach virus? I read online that it kills bacteria and viruses. With the heartburn I'm dealing with now I sure hope it does. I really hate this phobia. Eating is difficult and depressing anymore because I hate preparing the food. I rewash the dishes before I use them. I wash my hands before opening the fridge, after opening the fridge. Before taking the food from a bag, after taking it from the bag. I eat popcorn with a spoon because I dont want to touch it.I never eat the part of the food I touched--like the ends of a french fry. I won't eat anything anyone has touche. My mom had her hand in my bowl of popcorn and I wouldnt eat any of it after that. Uhh. This sucks. And now Thanksgiving is here. It's supposed to be a happy time but I'm a bag of nerves. Got to keep close eye on my family while they prepare the food and eat it. I have to make sure nobody touches the pies with their hands. I'm so scared. I feel like the stomach bugs are all around me. I keep sanitizing the counters in my house. I remember one day I was doing it every half hour or so. No matter how many times I do it it just never feels clean enough. I dont want people around me because they could bring something in the house. I just want to lock myself in a bubble. I'm so so so scared and everyone thinks I'm foolish because of this. My time is coming...my time to v could be anyday...and I'm petrified.
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

I feel for you, I really do! I was like that when I was younger. I have never heard of heart burn killing of a stomach virus, I am no doctor but I really dont think it does. For the cold temp's I thought it does kill virus's. I always had to sleep in my parents porch when I was younger so the germs wouldn't get me. To this day I sleep with the window open a crack, if I can open it. When both of my kids had the flu it was in the lovely month of January, I was freaking out so bad, I tried to pry my windows open but they were all frozen shut!

Have you talked to your doctor about this? I feel the same way about the holidays to, it is hard, but I really hope that you are seeing a doctor or will see a doctor. You should send a PM to Sage, she can give you some tips.

Rhonda

yes, i know how you feel
    i alway sleep til eleven or twelve but i am up at eight a.m. right now convinced that this is my time to v* Yes germs are everywhere and it is so hard to stay sane when it comes to being around other people. I ,too always have a random window open, no matter what the temperature, i read somewhere once that it kills germs.
    Being that my boyfriend was vomitting yesterday doesn't help! I haven't kissed him since Friday but still..i could have it [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

yes there is hope that we never will v*. I have already went many years (knock on wood) but i cant help but wonder if there would be something liberating about it, like just to get through it one time.

ohh this is awful. not such a good day ahead [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    DO IT TREMBLING IF YOU MUST,
    BUT DO IT!! -unknown

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. -dr wayne dyer

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Awwwww, I know EXACTLY how you are feeling, and it is not fun. I was that way for a couple of years from about 1994-1996. I dreaded leaving the house for any reason at all. I remember my ex husband (husband at the time) came home from work and told me his friend from work had invited me, my 1 year old, and him to his son's Birthday party. So....not wanting to be a "weirdo"...I went. When I got there, I immediatly panicked. I didn't want to put my daughter down to play with the other kids. We were asked if we wanted food, I said no, and told my ex to make sure that our daughter does NOT drink or eat anything there. I also kept her from playing with the other little kids. It felt like the walls were closing in on me, and I felt like running away. I couldn't take it anymore, so I told my ex that I wanted to leave, so we did. After I got home, I worried for days that one of us would be sick. It really sucked. I am much better with that now, although I still have a problem with taking any of my kids to parties, etc.

I understand your fear on Thanksgiving. I am scared for Thanksgiving too; but my fear is a bit different. I fear that my 12 and 10 year old daughters will be sick that day. I have plans for a nice dinner, and Christmas decorating, and that will totally ruin it for me.(and them)

I really don't think you have anything to worry about. People from Subway put gloves on to make your food. A couple of years ago, I lived right next door to a Subway, and I swear me and my kids ate something from there once a day, every day, and we never caught anything. I feel like I am due for a stomach bug any day now too, but I also know there is hope for us. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]Some people go lots of years without v'ing. I wish you luck, and try not to worry too much...you won't have a good holiday that way. Keep us posted on how you did!!![img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img] Charlotte