Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey guys... I don't usually come on here and say when I feel poorly and whatnot because I try to get through it on my own, but tonight I'm really worried.

Since last night I've been havingbad chest pains... it seriously feels like someone's stabbing me right in the heart. They make me really weak and uneasy and I just don't like it at all. My pulse goes from being fine one minute to racing the next and my hands are freezing cold while the rest of me feels warm. I'm not feverish and don't particularly feel bad other than when the pain hits... but with having a heart condition and all... it just makes me nervous [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] I went to try to give blood today and my heart rate was 140 (WAY too high) and I wasn't even nervous. I should have asked the lady there but it wasn't hurting at the time.

My brother's out somewhere with his girlfriend and my parents left this morning to pick up my brother 10 hours away and won't be back til 2 or 3 in the morning (It's 11 now). I'm not sure what to do... but I'm afraid to go to bed and I'm exhausted... I guess I'll just sit up and wait for them to get home. Mom's always seem to know what to do..
    My journal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

I agree, moms do know. Everytime I feel sick, I just want to be home with my mom. I know, it's sounds so childish, but "I just want my mom" when I feel terribly ill.
    <font color=MAGENTA>-Rachel</font>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm sorry you're feeling so bad. I don't live at home, but always
    end up calling my dad when I feel sick. Parents have a way of
    making us all feel safe no matter what our age. Hope you feel
    better.

&nbs p; Carrie

Edited by: roxi27

I agree rcurran...

I may be 22 years old... but sometimes a mommy is just what a person needs. The pain has subsided for the moment... how longthat will last I don't know... I think I'm going to go ahead and try to get some rest. I have to work at 7:00 in the morning so I don't think waiting up until 2 or 3 a.m. would be a very bright idea.

~Rachel
    My journal

wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

Hey girl...if you are having chest pains..that leave you feeling week and such..and knowing that you have a heart condition...i would get yourself to the doctor if it were me..

It could be nothing and you will be fine until your parents come home..but time may be of the essence and you may need to see a doctor now...

Please let us know whats happening ok? If you start feeling cruddy again get yourself to the ER..wether you drive yourself..or call the ambulance..just go..the heart is not something to mess around with.

Kay
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

Hey everyone...

Thanks for your support and Kmarie thank you for your advice. I went to work yesterday still feeling pretty sore and then it got worse throughout the day so I ended up leaving early and came home. I did call my doctor and he said it sounded like either angina (which is pain caused when the heart races and doesn't get enough oxygen) or I might have pulled the muscle around my heart because I lifted a lot of heavy boxes on Sunday. Being that tomorrow's thanksgiving here in the U.S. most doctors' offices are closed but he said if it got any worse I should consider a trip to the ER. Bleh.. hoping that won't happen considering the last time I went to the emergency room it ended up costing 300 dollars for them to tell me I had strep (

I feel a little better today, it's still pretty tight and hurts a bit... but I think the worst of it's over for now. I made sure to take my heart medicine this morning and that should help slow it down a bit.

Thanks for your concern!

P.S. just so you all know, I agree 100% with what Kmarie said, your heart is NOT something to mess around withand I knowI probably would have given the exact same advice to anyone asking me... I guess it's one of those 'do as I say, not as I do' situations... it's funny how we can give advice to others and completely ignoreour ownadvice when we're in the same situation. Odd... lol
    My journal

wink

Unknown

i hope theres nothing wrong anyway! Make sure u get checked out at some point just to put ur mind at rest!

Sarah xxx
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

Hey girl Im glad you are are feeling a wee bit better and that you called your doc!!

Take it nice and easy ok? have a great Turkey Day!!
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks