Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Not washing hands-disgusting

I don't understand how people can go without washing their hands after comming out of the restroom. I just went to the bathroom on break and the woman that was in the stall next to me was just finishing up when I proceeded to use the toliet. She quickly flushed, opened the door and walked right out. That is so disgusting. I don't know how someone can go without washing their hands. My boyfriend has a habit of doing this; not after the toliet but when he's out and comes home. Anytime he offers me anything I tell him to go wash his hands. My hands are so dried out and cracked due to all the washing I do. People wonder why sickness gets around and why they get sick... Washing hands should be made a national law.
    Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus.- Colossians 3:17

Default Re: Not washing hands-disgusting

I agree completely!

people are so gross. they do this at my work. I work in a grocery store. Then they go pushing carts and touching food products... even the boxes can lead to cross contamination!

They did this all the time at my school. And I hear it happen at the library all the time. I cant stand it.... I mean touching down there and then just going about your day? Bleh

I DESPISE it as well! At my last workplace my cube-mates and I saw people walk out of the stall and the bathroom on a near-daily basis without washing their hands. It got so bad that people put educational flyers on the bathroom door stating "wash your hands!" (which someone subsequently took down :P) This was the ONLY place where I've ever contracted infectious d* (apparently it's most common in underdeveloped countries!!!), and I was not very surprised as to how/why. Needless to say, I didn't stay there for much longer...
    "People can't do something themselves, they want to tell you that you can't do it. You want something? Go get it. Period."

Hmmm... Im pretty sure its only me in my school who washes there hands regualy, well me and this ocd dude... My friends also find it funny to lick each others hands ect. it cringes me... although I did scare a few people in my class and now they all bring sanitiser... lol yet they still lick each others hands and stuff... wtf? lol...
    "I aspire to be greater than my nature will allow"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tell me about it!!!
    One of my housemates has some sort of sv* or issue going on right now. No V*, but a lot of pain and d*, and she NEVER washes her hands. I haven't seen her wash them once. Comes downstairs and makes tea and fiddles about the kitchen and then the rest of us have to go through there and just hope to god that we're not touching anything contaminated! Drives me insane! I actually took care of her yesterday (BIG step for me!), made her rice and tea and things...mostly because I just didn't want her touching ANYTHING haha. I know I'm a bit anal about keeping my hands clean, but I thought it was common knowledge to wash your hands when you're done doing your business!!!

I was at a luncheon meeting for work several years back. My work mate and I went to the ladies room. We both came out of our respective stalls at the same time. I washed my hands, took the paper towel to turn off the faucet and to use it to open the door. The entire time I was washing my hands she was chatting with me and NOT washing her hands. When we arrived back at the table, bread was being served. She took the break and tore off a chunk, put the rest back in the basket and passed it to the next table member (of which there were four - all men.) I was totally grossed out and wanted to scream out "Don't touch that bread." It was literally like that old Seinfeld episode when Poppy did not wash his hands. Did anyone here see that?

Stella