Hi my name is Kerry im 21 and new to this forum. I found it on google and am so relieved to find a site where people can share there experiences with this awful phobia. I have had this phobia since i can remember. I dont know what caused it and it seems to have gotten worse the older i have got. I am very fussy with food i am constantly looking at sell by dates and my food has to be cremated before i eat it. This drives my fiance and family crazy. Im very underweight as i dont like to eat, people think i suffer with anorexia but its not the case i dont like eating much as i associate food with feeling ill. I cant travel on any form of public transport if i have to go anywhere i will drive. I never eat out and i have never drunk alcohol threw fear of being ill. This phobia has ruled my life and stopped me doing many things i have panic attacks if i feel unwell or am far away from home. Its made me distant from my fiance as i hate having anyone around me when im feeling anxious and unwell. Not many people understand my problem i have a best friend who has this phobia also and she is the only person i can talk to. I am meeting up with a former teacher from school for a catch up in two weeks and we are going for lunch. This is a big problem for me i need to come clean with my problem to him. But dont want him to think im mad Any ideas?