Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Hey I'm New...and scared

Hello everyone, my name is Nat and I have emetophobia and right now a sv* is around. Both of my sisters have it. One is better and the other one is still sick. Right now, I am freaking out to the point of making myself sick. It doesn't help that I suffer from stomach ailments such as heartburn. I have an awful history with stomach issues. So right now, I'm cooped up in my room with my hands washed and I'm freaking out. I try to use the other bathroom, I brush my teeth there, I use hot HOT water with my toothbrush, I wash my hands...it's driving me nuts.

I'm glad that I found this website and I was so amazed when I read other peoples' experiences. They are identical to mine, the constant food checking, hand washing, bathroom cleaning routine. I'm not alone, I feel like I'm not crazy. Other than my phobia, I'm a normal teenager who doesn't mind going out to eat, likes to write and read, likes to learn German. I've perfectly normal, except when winter comes along and brings sv* with it. I'm petrified right now...like scared stiff.

So that's my introduction. I hope that I can make friends and find people to talk to about this problem. I posted how I got emetophobia on the appropriate thread and I absolutely hate it, I can't live my life as normal. I haven't even gone into my sister's bedroom. I avoid all the places except my room. I'm tired of this...I'm tired of being afraid.

So cheers everyone and let's hope for a better tomorrow...

Default Re: Hey I'm New...and scared

welcome to the site

i've met lots a great helpful people here.....where i can say what i want without being deemed "crazy".......this site has really helped with my anxiety level.......

i know what you mean about this lame sv season.....hate it and this winter seems to be alot longer than usual.....

keep reading and posting....usually always someone here
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.