Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy new here and stressed

I've lived with Emetophobia for about 11 years (I'm 21) and each day it gets worse and worse, especially now that the Norovirus is going around like crazy. I am scared to even leave the house sometimes. I haven't v* since I was a kid, and when I do feel sick at my stomach, all I ever do is get the dry heaves. My body won't let me v* but that doesn't keep me from being terrified. I have nightmares every night that I'm trapped in a room with someone while they are v*. It's nice to know that other people have this too. For awhile, I thought I was alone!!
    Last edited by amyrene; 03-06-2010 at 04:52 PM.

Default Re: new here and stressed

wielcome to the site......and you are not alone anymore! this is a terrible time of year for us......but i've learned alot about avoiding the sv by reading the posts.......has eased my anxiety alot just by posting and reading.

glad you found us there is usually somebody on here all the time it seems so great place to come when you're feeling scared......
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: new here and stressed

I think we've all felt alone in this at some point or another because it's not really talked about like other phobias are. I'm glad you found us. This is a great place to find understanding and support.
    Elizabeth