Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default How likely are they to be contagious 1 week later

My husband had noro last Saturday night so it's been exactly one week. I let him hold the baby again starting last night and started to relax but I heard you're contagious for 2 weeks after. I'm making him use the toilet in the basement but he keeps sticking his hands down his pants for no reason without even realizing it. Just like a man... seriously. What are the chances when he does that that he will transmit germs to the things he touches? I'm tired of going around washing my hands every 2 minutes after touching anything he touches.

Default Re: How likely are they to be contagious 1 week later

What I have read is that the virus is live in the stools for up to two weeks. The most virulent part of the contagion is the 72 hours after the last v** and/or d** episode. So if your husband last had sickness at 7:00 p.m. last Saturday night, he probably was no longer contagious (by touching things) at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday night. He has to wash his hands after using the bathroom, which he should anyway, but moreso now.

Stella

PS - Men love that hands down the pants thing. Gross.

Default Re: How likely are they to be contagious 1 week later

I am going through the same thing...my son was ill on Wed night with last V* episode on Thurs morn at 4am.That is way over 72 hours and there has been no d*. He has had normal poos and I am cleaning like mad after each one but like you I am sick and tired of thinking about it and of cleaning everything every few hours. I am becoming irrational....even wiping the ds console with neat bleach because him and his brother share it. He washed his hands after the poo so I know he can't spread anything but I am still panicked and worn out and depressed from being panicked. Husband is getting well fed up with my rituals and he is normally quite understanding.

Aaaaaaagh!!!

Lisalou