Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Please help!

Default Please help!

Hello everyone, I really am grateful for this site and am in need of some support. My hubby and i leave for a short vacation with my daughter in a couple of days, she is 16 months old. I am SOO terrified of something going wrong, mainly my daughter being sick or us being sick on or before our trip! I keep having nightmares of someone getting sick the morning we are about to leave. My daughter does go to daycare and of course bugs like that do pass around all the time (unfortunately!). knock on wood she has so far only caught it twice and the last time was around Christmas. I am hoping that this means she is somewhat "immune" to it happening again for a while but I don't know how true that is. She did get the rotavirus vaccine as an infant and I try to keep her healthy with probiotics. But she also is on antibiotics for an ear infection which I know lowers her resistance! My hubby and I are trying to stay healthy with supplements and eating right, but I am terrified of this and I really really need someone's support! Can you guys please pray that this all works out? I can't keep worrying like this or I'll make myself sick ((. I already experience nausea almost every single day which is enough torture (but that is another story)

Default Re: Please help!

I'll keep you in my prayers. That is my biggest fear when traveling, and I don't do it often. I get the daily nausea too, so I can certainly sympathize with you in that regard as well.

Hi, the same thing occurs with me nearly every time I am leaving on a vacation. I begin to visualize someone getting ill on the plane, at the hotel, or even I visualize myself getting ill. Its terrible, I hate it, and most importantly I understand how you feel. The only thing I do to calm myself down is keep talking to myself, telling myself to calm down and think about the good things coming up in the vacation. I hope this helps!!!

I feel the same thing. I'm constantly worried that I'll wake up in the morning (when we're going to travel or do something special) and feel s* or v* ... GAH I want it to go away so badly! It's limiting your life. I can't have plans for many days in a row that includes traveling because of this. I want to be able to see the world with new eyes.

My thoughts are with you~

I'm always terrified of getting sick on vacation and when I was going on my honeymoon I was even more worried because we spent a whole year's savings on the trip. What I told myself was that even if the worse happened (a sv), it would be over and done with quickly and then I would be fine and at least enjoy part if not most of my trip. Of course we didn't get sick too, even though we were on a cruise and visited and ate the food in Egypt!!

i'm in the same boat......trips are real anxiety triggers for me......i do better with last minute trips....don't have time to worry about them before hand.

it sounds like your husband is a good support for you..........

i always take lots of distractions in the car......dvd player, crossword puzzles, knitting, magazines, etc.

have a great time!
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I feel the same about trips. I'm taking a cruise in May. Its going to be my 7th cruise. My last cruise I found out only a week before I was going so I only had a week to stress about it. Especially since the Norwalk Virus really infected tons of people on cruiseliners. I was pretty nervous about that. I ended up getting some kind of stomach bug, but it wasn't enough to take away my fun. I ended up leaving the bahamas really early because of it but I still survived without any V* and only little D*. But now i have a few months before my next cruise and I am super nervous that the same thing will happen.
    I hope your trip goes well, I'm sure you will be fine. You sound very prepared. If she is on an antibiotic she has less of a chance of catching anything right now
    Let success be measured by the happiness in your heart.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.