Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Video Game Warning: Heavy Rain

Alrighty! I know we have some gamers on here, so I felt obligated to mention the amazing PS3 game Heavy Rain. It plays like a choose-your-own-adventure book, so if/when you play you may or may not have any V. Your choices throughtout the game effect and change the course of the game, though the skeleton of it is the same no matter what.

If you AREN'T playing, the following won't make much sense to you. If you PLAN ON playing (or just started) keep it in mind. If you are far in, you'll understand

When playing as Ethan (Shaun's Dad) in the 4th trial, my boyfriend encountered a V scene. He won't tell me much more since he doesn't want to ruin it for me, so when I get there I'll post on this again to tell you how I played it, so you can know what not to do (if I see it) or know how to avoid it (if I don't). He told me it was sort of obvious... but he's not an emet himself. However, he does watch things with a careful eye for me. So stay alert my gaming friends!

Wow, I'm so sorry this reads so cryptic lol. Well, if it helps one fellow emet gamer, it's worth it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Video Game Warning: Heavy Rain

I just played the scene with no V whatsoever. Not sure how many other ways it plays out, but if you do play this game and encounter the 4th trial (going to the drug dealer's house) make what would be the morally right descision after he shows you the pic of his girls. That (i think) is how I avoided it.

yayy hallo fellow gamer
    do you find games help take your mind of the fear (well, when they don't have V scenes in ;P)
    xx
    If you\'re listening to this; you are the resistance

The fear doesn't control my life enough anymore for me to try. Sometimes when I am feeling uwell I'll play games, but I usually meditate instead

Thank You! My boyfriend has this game, and he played it though, and then did it again for a different ending! Sat in on a little, and I have to say, I was a bit nervous when I told him to choose the ax. He didnt mention anything bad to me, and he usually does! I'll have to ask his nieces about it, as they stayed up all night playing it over and over....
    He might not have mentioned anything cause he assumes I will never play it myself (I liked to watch the game, but just lots of other things I'd rather play first)(It's so realistic it's amazing!)

It's not the one with the Axe and the Machete if you're talking about that trial, it's the one after it. And I watched it online, it's SUPER obvious when it'll happen.