Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Not sure if i have emet...

where to begin?..well first off i'm not positive this is what i have.It all started back in october of 2009 i experienced my 1st anxiety/panic attack. i was just sitting at my desk on the comp.when i started feeling really panicky.i ended up going to the hospital cuz i didnt know what the hell was going on,so the dr told me it was just stress(i have a 3 yr old and a 5 month old at the time).shortly after that is when all this started-i cant really eat in public i feel like if i do i might throw up,even the other day i was just standing in line at the store and i had to try to relax cause i felt sick.also sometimes i get nervous in a vehicle with someone else cause i'm scared i might get sick.this is really taking a toll on me cause i'm losing weight i was already thin to begin with and i've already lost like 15 lbs.!! i dont know what to do anymore i'm really getting fed up with feeling scared all the time!! I'm not sure if i have this emet. cause i'm not scared of other people getting sick,i'm not scared of getting germs,its just the idea of getting sick in public or in front of someone.Back when i was dating my hubby we used to go out and i couldnt eat in front of him my stomach would just shut down and my throat would get really tight so i couldnt eat anything or i would feel sick,so this one time we were in his car driving somewhere when i started thinking to myself "if we go to eat i'm gonna be sick and next thing i new i *v!! i couldnt even tell him to pull over cause if i even opened my mouth to talk i was going to be sick!which ended up happening any way.of course i was embarassed,he took me back home and i cleaned out his car.I dont understand how this just happened to me out of nowhere,maybe its just my mind coming up with crazy ideas!

Default Re: Not sure if i have emet...

i wish i knew where it came from also.......it's horrible and controls a huge portion of my life...it's good that other people being sick doesnt bother you and that you can take care of your kids when they're sick, etc.......maybe if you get on prozac or something it will help.....it has helped me alot......not a cure but makes life a little easier....

good luck and welcome
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Not sure if i have emet...

stress can definitely bring it on! we have very similar symptoms. i have been scared of v* since i was 5, but i never thought about it unless i was feeling ill (which wasn't too often) or if someone around me had the sv. over the last 5 years i have been under extreme amounts of stress and i started having panic attacks almost 2 years ago. things have gotten so bad that i am constantly obsessing about suddenly having to v*, even though it has never happened to me. every time i have v*, i felt sick hours before hand. still, i keep a bag in the car "just in case" and am always looking for an exit or trash can everywhere i go. i hate going to stores because i fear i will suddenly feel s* and v* and i even bring a plastic bag in my purse when i go to the movies. i refuse to eat anywhere except my house, my parent's house, or my office at work because i feel my throat closing and get terrified. since this started i have lost almost 50 pounds and am hovering just above 100lbs right now, which is pretty underweight for my height. a lot of people think i have an eating disorder, but its just this fear of v*! hun, it does sound like you have emet, but YOU ARE NOT ALONE! i found this site recently and it has helped me a lot because i realize i am not alone and i hope it does the same for you