Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Introduction/my experience

Hey everyone, I'm Meg. I'm away at college and have a medical single due to my emetophobia.

I have had emetophobia since I was 2. I can remember being in ballet class and feeling sick as soon as my mother left, and complaining of a stomach ache and crying because I was so scared of getting sick at dance class. Almost every dance class, I'd call my mom and leave early. This continued througout elementary, middle, and high school. Now, in college, I only take 2 in-person classes due to the anxiety of leaving my room and getting sick.
    Throughout high school, taking the bus was a struggle. My brother got sick twice on the bus two years in a row, which led me to be constantly anxious and watching him. I always ask friends and family, if they dont look well, "are you okay, do you feel okay, are you sure?" kind of stuff.
    I think my emetophobia has alot to do with separation anxiety. I get most anxious when I'm alone, usually away from my boyfriend, who I only see once a week. I also eat alot, and know that even though that's the reason I dont feel well, I blame it on a bigger problem.
    Until today, actually, I've never feared the flu. This morning i woke up to someone getting sick/coughing loudly? in the bathroom, which has affected my whole day.
    Everytime I have an anxiety attack for whatever reason, i get stomach side effects. I have diarrhea and constipation regularly, so I've been thinking i might have IBS.

Anyway, can anyone help with the seperation anxiety emetophobia that I deal with?

Default Re: Introduction/my experience

we can help by letting you know that you are not alone in your feelings.....take time and read posts.....you will be amazed that alot of the stories are like yours.

you will also find some coping mechanisms and distractions to help you get through the day.....

we are searching for the cure.......but some good success stories here
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.