Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Compulsive thoughts?

I cant stop thinking about it, its in my head constantly.... I feel like a prisoner on death row waiting my turn... Does anyone else feel like this?
    I go out and try to distract myself but it constantly pops back into my head, then I convince myself I have caught sv* some how... if I touch my mouth or nose without washing my hands first I obsess about it....
    Anyone else get this constant thinking about v*?

Default Re: Compulsive thoughts?

yes, yes, yes......it's always there......keeps me from doing alot of things......i force myself to go to work....have to pay the bills.....

this time of the year is really rough because of the sv......hopefully it will be over soon......this winter has been horrible.

keep reading and posting you will soon realize that you are not alone in any of this........

welcome to the site
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yes, it is in my head cocnstantly. as you say...sometimes it goes for a while and then it creeps back in. I am in hell at the moment and not coping well. On the outside I am a confident, likeable human being but on the inside I am a mess.

You are not alone...

Lisalou xxx

I'm right there with you. I feel like I'm a prisioner in my own life. I'm missing school and so many other fun things with my friends and even parts of my daughters life. Hang in there. I've heard that prozac is good for obsessive thoughts and I wanna try it soon!
    "there's a light at the end of this tunnel" you shout, 'cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out. these mistakes you make, you'll just make them again if you only try turning around.. and breathe. just breathe <3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm a bit hesitant to get on medication.... I want to try to get through this without it because I dont want to have to be medicated for the rest of my life... does anyone know of anyways to stop the constant thoughts and fear...

Yeah, sometimes I will Google things incessantly until my fears spiral out of control. Other times I'll just realize I'm thinking about it on a daily basis when I'm doing day to day things. Every time I pull into a parking space and get out...I always check my surroundings. It's become as habitual and automatic as locking a door once you are inside. It's just something I do. I never realized I was doing it until I started coming to this site and really acknowledging this phobia.

I went to a shopping centre this morning and bought a muffin. I kept looking at the salesgirl to see if she looked ill and could pass noro onto my muffin......this is how i live my life and its tearing me apart......If someone has stopped in a layby I automatically assume they are being sick and think I could catch it....totally irrational but cannot help it.

Lisalouxx

Yes, I have the same experience. Little nagging thoughts pop into my mind so often it just becomes a roar in the background of my mind. I'm trying to teach myself to relax instead of paying attention to the compulsive thoughts by taking deep calming breaths when they start to overwhelm me. But I still feel like someday I will get sick and I'm helpless to prevent it.