Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Help me, my husband is coming home!!

Hi, I'm new and just joined.

Last night, my husband, who is in the military and lives 12 hours away, came down with some sort of ailment that caused d* and v*. He went to sick call this morning and was told he has food poisoning, but I'm not sure because that awful sv* is going around right now. Anyway, he's supposed to fly home to see me tomorrow for the first time in 2 months, and I'm terrified!!! I'm so scared I will catch what he has, even though it's less than 24 hours later and his symptoms are completely gone. I know with certain things it can last up to 3 days or more! I just don't know what to do, I already told him I probably wouldn't kiss him tomorrow, but that makes me feel so awful because it's been 2 months since I've seen him!!!!

My mom, who is an RN says that it'll be ok, especially since what the doctor's said, but I just am not sure.

Default Re: Help me, my husband is coming home!!

i'm sure you will be fine.....from what ive learned here is that he could be shedding the virus through bowel movements.......so if you make sure and keep the toilet cleaned.......and your hands washed........and away from your face...you're good.

kissing is ok.......he is done v......

enjoy his visit.......
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

He is done being contagious even if it was the sv*. You can relax and enjoy the visit. However, if you can't kiss him do not add guilt on top of your other emotions. This is who you are right now and it is ok. He loves you and knows you. I will pray for your strength!!!

How did you do???? Was it good to see him!!!?? I bet looking into his eyes made the other stuff seem less important!