Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Went to the Movies for 1st Time in 4 Years

Yep, last film I saw in a theater was Pirates of the Carribean Dead Man's Chest. It was actually about 3 1/2 or so years ago I guess, there were a bunch a of kids there and guess what. A little boy sitting in the row diagonal to mine threw up, I had to leave and vowed never to go back. Tonight, I finally got up the courage to see Alice in Wonderland, again a bunch of kids in a theater. No one was sick this time but at least two that I noticed got scared and had to be taken out. I'm pretty proud of myself, I was plenty anxious through the whole thing but enjoyed it anyway, of course I didn't eat any popcorn and had a bottled water but still it wasn't the terrible experience I feared. I almost didn't go but I was glad I did!!

Default Re: Went to the Movies for 1st Time in 4 Years

wow that's awesome! i want to go to the movies but i always get scared! congrats

i'm glad you decided to go.......now the theater isn't off limits to you anymore....wooohoooooo!

i want to see that movie too......was it good???
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WAY TO GO! There are movies I absolutely HAVE to see in theaters, but I try to go when it's not crowded. Like I went to the Saw VI thing at Midnight and was expecting 1000 people to be there so I went to a bar first and had a drink LoL! As it turns out there were only two other people in the theater. Which was good cause I said "OH MY GOD" Out loud a few times ;-) Anyway take this good expereince and file it in your mind to convince you to go next time!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    When In doubt, God prays to Hoffman

Thanks everyone, I'm glad I won't have to miss movies anymore and I think I can definately find the courage to go again. Olchesky, yes I thought it was good, it was worth the price of admission in my opinion. I may go again with my cousins actually.