Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default How many v* incidents have you had?

I'm new here and was curious to know how many v* incidents everyone here has had? I noticed the poll where a lot of you haven't v*'d in MANY years and am really blown away by some of the answers. Personally I haven't v*'d in 8 years and have had 3 incidents in my life.

Default Re: How many v* incidents have you had?

I had four between ages 3 and 10 (the first I don't remember) and none since then.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i know of 4 actual sv .....im 58
    how i feel about emet

Strangly, I've seemed to v* every five years (that i can remember) so far... but I am only fourteen I think its three times although... one of them triggered my emetophobia... xx

I've had two and I'm 21.

None that I remember. A few before the age of 3 I think and a couple times drunk (I've been told). I've been damn close a couple of times (once had some kind of stomach virus, and a few times I had some kind of food thing I think because it was gone in like an hour)

I am 22 and I have had 2 that I remember. But apparently when I was a baby, I would v* everytime something happened that I didn't like....gross.

I am 33 yrs old and I can tell you exactly...once when I was 2, my Mom made creamed spinach...didnt even feel sick...got up in the middle of the night to pee and oops...then once when I was 4 my grandmother gave me spoiled choc milk, 1 time i was fine, then once when I was 10 or 11 I ate lbs of mac and cheese and like 3 pudding pops and jumped on my bed...I awoke in the middle of the night not feeling well. Also when I was 17 I had alcohol poisoning...That was pretty bad...but never since and I have never had the stomach virus...knock on wood...

I have had what seems like way more incidents than most responses had throughout their life so far! and i'm only 10 days shy of 20!

When I was 4, this was the first incident I can recall, I don't know what caused it but I remember being s* in the threshold of my parents room, and there was always a stain there from the time I was 4 till 9 ( because my parents divorced so we moved out of that house)
    I know when I was 7, I ate chinese food and it made me v* in the middle of the night. This is when I began to be afraid of v*
    When I was 8, I think it was a sv* because I felt awful all night and it wouldn't stop happening.
    Then luckily I got a break from it until March 13, 2004! I ate a cookie in class and then I felt so s*. I went to the nurses to rest and I fell asleep and I woke up and it happened but it only happened once.... stupid cookie!!
    Then I got a sv* in 11th grade, February 12, 2007. Despite my emet, I found this occurance to be a success story becuase after I was so proud that I endured it.. In fact this helped me up until last year January 21, 2009 when I caught a sv* again off my boyfriend - because I thought he had fp* from dinner at applebees the night before so after he got s* and said he brushed his teeth, i was STUPID and kissed him! surely enough he kept v* all day long, so I was kind of expecting it.... but even though last year I only v* once, that's all it took.. my emet hasn't calmed down since..

I hope these stories don't make anyone nervous, or werre too graphic!

im newly 30 yrs old and i think i have v* about 6 times in my life...my most recent on my honeymoon in 2008 =) I also got an sv* about 3 weeks ago; however, did NOT v* (whew thank goodness)
    *Melissa*

6 times for me! I'm 19
    I'm guilty of being innocent

Three times, as a kid. Each from a headache. It was always clear liquid. Never V'd food. Last time in 1989. I'm 34 now.
    David

I remember v* when I was about 6 years old, then again when I was 12. The I went through this weird time when I was in my 20s and would make myself v* when I was hungover because it made me feel better!!! (CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!!!!!)

I haven't v* since

Over 200 v*ing episodes (mum said). I used to v* at least a few times every month when I was small. I remember lots of episodes till I became an emet. But since becoming an emet I v*ed 3 times.
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

I didn;t v* until I was 5 years old. Then I was so sick that I had to be hospitalized. I think i v* about 20 times or more. Then I ate a cheese hot dog and some home made strawberry shortcake and v* that up. Then I was okay until about 4th grade. I ate too much shrimp on Christmas eve and woke up and V* all over myself. Since then, throughout middle and high school I probably had about 8 sv's. I probaly v* about 100 times. Since my son has been born I have had about 5 sv's. Thats 5 in four years. I probably v* about 20 times altogether in that period of time. Ugh, no wonder I'm so scared of it, it happens ALL the time!

Wow. I've V*ed a lot. More than 20 times. However, I can still recall my age, where we were living, what I had eaten that day, how many times, what I was wearing, and other things. I got sick a lot. My mom must have hated me, since she was an extreme emetphobe herself.

I used to be a binge drinker, but only V** about 50 per cent of the times that I got drunk., even so I must hold the world record for V** about 60 times in my whole life until was 44. After a bad experience, I became horrified at the thought of ever doing it again, so I haven`t.I don`t know anyone who has V** ed that many times. I am very ashamed of myself for being so disgusting, & allowing myself to do it, as I now know that it is easy to prevent it if you try.

about 4-6 and I'm 17

10 or 11 times. I'm 15...

about 3-5 .

These are painful memories for an emet like me. Why would you ask someone this question?