Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I Hate SV Season

I would just like to say that I HATE being emetophobic during sv season because everyone is getting sick everywhere I go and it stresses me out! I'm counting down the days until April is here and with that the more or less end of the sv rampage! One more month to go and I can finally feel normal-er again. Anyone else with me?

(I love that everyone on here will understand what I'm going through! It's so comforting not being alone in all my craziness!)

Default Re: I Hate SV Season

I know!!! I want to sleep until the sv season is OVER!! It causes me 24/7 stress!!!!

i'm looking into hibernation for next winter......lol......i HATE this time of the year.........and it seems to be worse this year than in the past.........lasting forever.......

hurry spring
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I feel the same way, this year has been way worse for me than in the past. It seems I'm constantly googling norovirus... its torture

I definitaly the same... i survive by keeping on strict immune system building diets... taking sanitizer out with me and getting a good night sleep, yoga... all sorts of stuff which will boost your immune system... sometimes i even ask my friends how they are feeling b4 i hug them!! but i read somewhere that it is only contagous when the person starts to feel ill... and it isnt really airbourne so if we are careful, which we are, we will be stay well this winter...

I am so with you. I cannot wait until April....I hate November-March.....totally stressful.....at least the first week of March is over....

Definitely agree! I can't stand constantly worrying someone might pass it off to me. I'm tired of scrubbing my hands, and reading about noro. Its almost over, almost.

Oh my gosh, yes! I don't think I've ever wanted spring so badly. The scary thing is, now that it's the tail end of winter, the sv* seems to be going around like crazy, to get one last hurrah in, I guess.

I am so afraid of it and always aware but it gets worse and worse and worse every year. I just on facebook a friend of mine has now had it 5 times in 3 months...there has to be something wrong with him and his family...how can someone get it that much? Makes no sense...So I freaked bc I was like ok wait if you get it once you shouldnt get it again bc you should be immune to that strain, so now I am freaking out that there are tons of strains out there now...I am freaking. I actually left town becasue I couldnt take being there anymore...I need a weeks vacation so I left. I am already freaking out about next year...I just hope a vaccine comes out SOON!

I am freaking out now, b/c my fiance just had it today. I am terrified and angry. I hate this! I can't take it anymore. Now I feel like I need to avoid my fiance for days until I am "safe". I can't sleep at night, I am constantly washing my hands, anxious, its always in the back of my mind haunting me. I don't want to get it, I am so scared. I wish people could just practice good hygiene, maybe if more people were like us emets there wouldn't be so many sv's going around.

Allegedly if you take 2 activated charcoal tablets twice a day (with lots of water!) it will soak up the virus in your body before it's able to reproduce and therefor make you sick. I haven't gotten it at all and I'm less careful than most emets about sharing drinks, utensils, pillows, whatever.

oh i absolutely HATE IT! especially living in minnesota where everyone here coops up for the winter months and germs spread more easily!