Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Ahhh... my moms driving me mad..!! :S

Okay well I am fourteen, had emetophobia all my life like most emetophobes, probably. Anyway, my emetophobia's been getting so bad recently probably because of all the stomach bugs going around, but im teffified so I asked her if I could go see someone so we finally went the other day to this teen help place and the whole time she was just going on about how great of a mom she was when I was growing up and then when we got out she was like 'it was all about you'.... I am yet freaking out again but she says i am just attention seeking... but i'm not i swear, i just need someone to talk to when i am feeling scared about v* as she is the only one i can talk too.... any advice???

Default Re: Ahhh... my moms driving me mad..!! :S

have you let her read the q & a section of this website? also have her read some of the posts......it might help her to understand that you are not alone in your feelings and your not the only one that feels this way. i showed my husband and my family.......it helped them understand better than me saying "i'm scared of v".....

good luck......don't give up........
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Im sorry that happened i agree with letting her read this web site maybe seeing adults who have the same problem might help her realise it is real and you cant help it.

My mother never got my phobia and from a young age when i felt sick or on the rare occassion i was i would actually get in trouble for flipping out . A few times i even got smacked for being "stupid its just S " when i was 21 and found out it actually was a phobia my mother sat there saying oh if id known ii would have helped more (yeah right) anyway it didnt change a thing which hasnt helped my phobia .

My husband is great he will sit and try to comfort me and talk me out of a panic and its such a big change to me to have someone try to help

So try letting her read this site good luck

xx im 14 too wel...i se i was born in 1990 for the formy thingy but ye i really am 14 and i let etmophobia get to my head :S lol xx im also a hypochondriac, meaning that makes everything worse xx

Thanks for all the replies peoples things are better today as I don't feel as worried... I guess it is quite hard for our parents to understand cos if my kids had a random fear I probably wouldn't get it either... but yea... be strong people x