Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Going to my parent's house for Thanksgiving isn't a big deal, but the
    germy fingers are. Kid's and adults too. Who knows where
    they've been before they start touchig everything? Some kind of
    bug is always going around this time of year, I'm a wreck!!! What
    if I drive all the way there, and then need to go home because i start
    to panic? Does anyone else feel this way? Happy
    Thanksgiving to all.

I kinda wigged out about Thanksgiving myself with all the sickness going around this time of the year. And everyone is coming to MY house. I just worry about someone getting sick or bringing germs to my house, but I am trying to stay positive. Looking forward to going shopping on Fri. too!! I try not to let my fear of someone being out shopping and sick too ruin the fun that I can have.

Be positive and enjoy your holiday.
    (Try to anyway!)

I'm always that way whenever I have people coming to my house, esp. this time of year!! I'm not really worried in the summer at all, but the holidays are esp. bad. I try not to let myself panic and if I do, I take the dogs for a walk. Sometimes I go for many walks in a day, it helps me. I also have ativan for that time that I need something to calm me down. You're not alone!!! My in-laws are coming out to see us. No little kids, so that makes it a bit better. Hope you have a nice holiday!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11