Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: feeling ugh.

I started feeling kinda gross just now. I was laying in bed, trying to distract myself by listening to music, but I definitely can't sleep. My stomac feels funny, kinda like I'm hungry, and have to go to the bathroom (but i can't!) I'm sorry for too much info. Just feeling really bad and kinda depressed.

I'm gonna watch some tv, hopefully doze off and not get sick.

Ugh.

Crazy Beautiful,

Sweety, I know that feeling. And believe me, 9 times out of 10, its just nerves. Perhaps it could be something you are subconsciously nervous or anxious about, unrelated to the emetophobia. Nights are when i usually get scared, too. (The last time i V* was at night, so naturally, I fear being ill at night. But I know that "ugghh" feeling. I thnk everyone here does. Just do what relaxes you, like listening to music! Or TV in my case. And hey, sometimes it could just be indigestion, gas, or any other small tummy ailment. <Someone correct me if i am wrong, but i have a feeling that most emets DO NOT V* as much as the average person.> At least that is true for me. CB, just do deep breaths, ok? and remember that you are in control. Hope this helps!

thankyousomuch!

-Laura
    \"You Were Never Anything Less Than Beautiul...\" -Jewel

thx for replying. I layed down and just relaxed. I felt a bit better, even ate some crackers. I woke up this morning feeling down and sad though.

I know exactly what you mean. I think a big problem that I have...is that I can't recognize different feelings for what they are. Like...menstrual cramps, diarrhea cramps, gas, hunger...whatever. If I'm just a little anxious in general, and notice a "weirdness" in my stomach, I'll start to flip out. I try to talk myself out of it...which usually just makes it worse...and then Igrab my Xanax. If the Xanax works, which it nearly always does, then I know it was just anxiety. For me, whenever I get anxious and panicky, my symptoms are always related to V* or rather sensations that I might V*.And I never do...it's all in my head...

I seem to get this alot aswel. I think most of it is worrying and part is maybe that you arnt eating, cause you dont feel well. You did the right thing tho. I always find reading of drawing something really helps o take your mind off things. I'm sorry to hear you feel down today, but well done for getiing through last night

It's a vicious cyle, I tell you. I think too much about eating, then get afraid to do it, then feel sick, more than likely because I haven't eaten. I hate emet!
    It\'s all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

Quote Originally Posted by jelyp073
    I know exactly what you mean. I think a big problem that I have...is that I can't recognize different feelings for what they are. Like...menstrual cramps, diarrhea cramps, gas, hunger...whatever. If I'm just a little anxious in general, and notice a "weirdness" in my stomach, I'll start to flip out.

I know I do that too!

I HATE EMET!!!!!!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <font color=BLUE>I LOVE TO LAUGH!</font>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have those feelings a lot too. It always seems worse when its in the middle of the night too. It usually is just nerves. I hope you are feeling better now.

Abi xxx
    \"You are beautiful, no matter what they say \"
    \"Too many Years, fighting back tears, why can\'t the past just die? Try to forgive, teach me to live, give me the strength to try\"

UGH! I hear ya! Hope your'e feeling better now!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I am. Thx ladies!

I slept in the basement that night, I fell asleep on a foamy matress (lol!!!) my brother and I have set up down there to lounge on, whilst watching tv.

I had some water and ate some crackers and just relaxed. I just hate when I get like that. All panicky and such!!