Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Combined percussive/exposure therapy?

I've been doing daily exposure therapy as well as that new PSTEC thing and I'm finding the percussive therapy to be difficult- it's hard to hold the thought of v* in my mind while doing it and I know that you need to be focused on it for it to work.

I was wondering if you combined the two- looked at a picture/video you're exposing yourself to while doing the percussions (instead of closing your eyes). It would help you focus on the negative thought and also allow you to stay in a phobic situation and let your body relax without retreating.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Default Re: Combined percussive/exposure therapy?

i thought that was the point of the pstec........it asks you to focus on the panic but teaches you that it can be erased.......i can never keep it in my mind while i'm tapping........maybe i need to tap all day and night
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Combined percussive/exposure therapy?

I think the picture is a really good idea!!! I was having the same problem with the PSTEC, that I couldn't keep the idea of v* in my mind because I wasn't feeling sick at the time and it's hard to really care about it or think about it when you aren't expecting it to happen. I was also thinking of maybe trying to do it while I'm in the midst of a panic? But I haven't done it yet.