Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Scared

My extended family came over for thanksgiving, and my half sister decided to stop by with her kids, she walks in the door, hugs everyone then walks into the bathroom with the door open and v's!!!!!!!! Like and idiot I start crying and run down to my room and locked the door. There's no way I can go back out there until they're gone, and I never want to use the bathroom near our kitchen again.

She had just hugged me and v'd. I'm so afraid I'm going to get something.

aw bless you, that sounds frightening! put it this way, had you spent an entire afternoon with her, eating with her, conversing with her etc.. THEN ther maybe a chance that you have caught something.. but whatever made her sick isn't necessarily viral.. she might have eaten something which didn't agree with her, she maybe on medication, anything!
    just don't worry yourself so, because if you were to catch something (supposing that it is catchy ) you wouldn't be the only one it would get.

Is she pregnant? That is really odd!

I'm feeling a little better (they left, her husband is allergic to our cats) my mom said they had eaten before they came over so it was probably something she ate. I feel a little guilty about acting the way I did, she couldn't help it... but I couldn't help it either. It is weird because I didn't think I was afraid of OTHER people v'ing, but I haven't been in that situation before either.

I suppose she could be pregnant, she hasn't said anything if she is, one of her kids is 2 years and the other is 6 months so it seems kind of early but maybe not...

I'm still a little nervous, we're going to eat in an hour or so, and I don't want to but I probably will because my mom's been working hard for two days making it, it wouldn't be cool of me to not eat.