Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Talking Starting to get more rational about this!

Tonight I suddenly came down with d* and n* out of nowhere, which is exactly what happened when my husband had noro 2 weeks ago. Obviously I wasn't thrilled with the idea of having it and got a bit worried, but the first thought that crept into my head was 'oh good, my husband is home so he can look after the baby if I'm really sick. I'll feel better by morning and then I can stop worrying about catching noro this year!'
    I drank a bunch of water and then breastfed her just in case I was too sick to do it later but now my stomach is feeling better and it might just be something I ate. But I think the treatment I've been doing is helping me get more realistic and less catastrophic about the idea of being s*.
    Maybe by next noro season I won't be worried at all because i'll be cured!! Although I heard it takes anywhere from 6 months to 2 years to cure something like emet if you put your everything into it. Maybe I'll be closer to the 6 month mark as I'm not as bad as some and don't have a ton of other issues to work on.
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace."- Thomas Paine

Default Re: Starting to get more rational about this!

Good for you! I feel a little like that. My first concern is the children.. how would I do school runs or cook tea, so having my husband home would be one major concern out of the way. What is the worst that could happen?? I v* on the floor and make a mess? The main problem I have is the letting go.. I just wont allow myself to v*!!

I have been thinking about this.. The most scared I have been in my life was when I was in labour and my body started pushing! I felt out of control. I wasn't pushing, my body was doing it all by itself..

That is actually amazing

You are like a tiny step away from not being a emet anymore

Good luck xoxo
    "I aspire to be greater than my nature will allow"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i've been working on that rationalizing too.......sometimes hard when im deep into a panic....butreally does seem to be helping me.

great job
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

thats great you can think like that!
    what treatment is it you've been doing?
    "Here in the final draft, I've given all I have,
    Strange how the heart expands in the absence of a plan,
    There's nothing left on the page but I'm okay with that,
    I found my resolution was designed for stronger hands"

I'm using the anxiety and phobia workbook while I wait for treatment and CBT. It's helping a lot. I always get way less emet in the spring/summer though so that might be part of it.
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace."- Thomas Paine