Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: I survived!

Smile I survived!

Hello all! I just wanted to let you know that I've returned from my trip (the one I was SO worried that I would be s* on or my daughter or husband) and i am glad to say we all survived! There were some scary moments but we made it through!

The worst part was on the plane ride there I was so worked up and nervous that I really DID feel as if I might v*. The urge became very strong at lift off and I found out that our row did NOT have any airsickness bags in it--talk about nightmare! but I closed my eyes and breathed and I was able to work through the feelings and be fine.

Lots of anxiety producing moments popped up throughout the trip in which I really thought we were "done for"--things that would normally set my anxiety into overdrive, such as my daughter playing in a dirty kids playspace and eating food off of a dirty floor (not by my choice!), forgetting my antibacterial handgel and wipes, etc...and NOTHING still happened!

The thing that REALLY got me nervous was that my daughter had d* one day--she was not upset by it at all or acting in any pain, and she was eating and drinking fine but it scared the bejeezus out of me! My hubby reminded me that it could be a side effect of her being on antibiotics lately for an ear infection, but it really got me going and I couldn't sleep for a day! But it all went fine.
    thanks for everyone's postive thoughts!

Default Re: I survived!

YAY thats great news!!! I am glad everything went well!

Congratulations! And for the future, perhaps the spell of fear has become manageable.

good job~glad you made it ~
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks for posting this! I was hoping you would post again, because I had a similar issue. Glad it went well, and glad to hear that you dealt with the unexpected challenges along the way. Great job!