Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Dettol...

Default Dettol...

How old do you have to be to buy dettol??? I want to get some to clean my room out to make me feel better... but I also found out that only soap and water kills noro... so I'm dead scared anyway, my mum won't buy dettol, she says the cost isnt worth it, but dont you have to be a certain age limit to buy it??? and does anything kill noro???
    "I aspire to be greater than my nature will allow"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Dettol...

Bleach kills noro. Soap and water wash it away off your hands etc but doesn't kill it. You can buy domestos for £1 in poundland or a bit more in some supermarkets - its a spray bleach. Alternatively you can dilute some neat bleach with warm water - be careful tho bleach isn't appropriate on fabrics etc. I've never heard of there being an age limit on buying it but I'm not sure xx
    Those who are brave may not live forever, but those who are cautious do not live at all xx

I don't think you have to be a certain age to buy Dettol.... soap and water doesn't kill noro, just washes it off your hands and down the sink. As far as cleaning products go, chlorine-based bleaches are the only thing that kill noro as far as I know.

There's a hand sanitising spray that kills noro though - Mentholatum Response Beta - it's around a fiver for a large bottle from Boots.

I think I'll buy the sanitiser from boots, gotta make it last though seems quite expensive... and I might buy some dettol to clean my room out... might make me feel better thankyou guys xxx
    "I aspire to be greater than my nature will allow"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.