Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: First Step

Default First Step

I finally told my mom how much this phobia is affecting me. I've kept it a secret ever since I was able to get myself under control and start eating again when I was about eight (I stopped for the most part when I was six because I was afraid everything would make me sick). I am so ashamed of this phobia because it's basically running my life, but after discovering sites like this, with actual people who feel the same as me, I worked up the courage to ask my mom for help. I still haven't told anyone else, but I'm starting therapy in two weeks, and I hope to get on the right path before I go off to college.

Thanks to all the people who posted their stories and gave me hope.

Default Re: First Step

awe good for you! you can do this! Have patience...we are all right there with you!

don't you feel a little better already???

congrats
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey good luck asdf! Be sure to print out the articles in our Information and Research section so you can help your therapist come up with a treatment plan...

All the best,
    Sage
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Thanks everyone , and yes I do feel a bit better already.

Is it common for a therapist to not know about emetophobia? I'll be sure to print out that information, but will they still know what to do to help?