Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Cured :))

Smile Cured :))

a few days ago I woke up and I thought "i'm tired of living like this. I need to enjoy life" soo I started going out more often, eating in restaurants, not obsessively washing my hands, And I even let my friend come over even though a sv* was going through her family. She told me that she had the sv* until that morning but i thought " If I get it, then i get it. I'm going to take that chance" So she came over, and we had a lot of fun just hanging out. But unfortunately, yesterday my family went to Cleveland and I went with them. I was fine until before the car ride back. I had horrible stomach cramps, possibly the worst I ever have felt before. And d* and a very gurgly stomach. I didn't v* but I was really close to it. through the whole thing, I didn't have any panic attacks, and I didn't take any medicine for it, except ibuprofen for the cramps, since i couldn't even sleep. I was actually very calm through the whole thing. When I woke up this mroning I felt much better, still a bit crampy though. But i thought "why was I ever scared of this? It's nothing!"And here's the best part: I never went to therapy before, or taken any anti-emetics before. Just thanks to all my friends and family who have helped me deal with it. Btw, i'm 13, going on 14, and have been an emet since I was 7. I know that time is nothing compared to how long some of you have been going through it, but it felt like a lifetime to me. You CAN overcome emetophobia and you don't have to live with it!

Default Re: Cured :))

Well done you! Carry on thinking like that and never look back!

I have lived with this fear for many many years.. I have had years when I have thought like that and I have had some bad years where (for no particular reason I can think of) I have had really bad times, hardly eating, loss of sleep, restricting outings, holidays etc thinking about v* all the time. At the moment I am not so bad.. if I get this stupid s*v* then I get it.. but I will do everything I can not to v*!!

Good luck to you.. and fingers crossed you will never need to feel this fear ever again!

Default Re: Cured :))

This is wonderful news!!! I wish so much that I could have been cured like that. I am sooo happy for you! I honestly think that if you conquer this at a younger age it is easier to just live! I am 21, not much older than you but it absolutely breaks my heart to hear of teenagers and young kids having to feel this way. And to think that they will always have to live with it.

Congratulations! Keep doing whatever you are doing now that has made you feel better. I dont know about you (and this is not a slam on this site) but I think if you avoid reading about other people's fears about v*, it will help you out. I know that for me, if I am doing well, I hardly talk about it, or visit this site. It's not out of meanness or anything, I just know that sometimes it can trigger you into a relapse.

Anyway, enough of the lecturing! I am soooo soooo happy for you! Congrats!