Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question How Long Avoid S* BF?

My boyfriend came down with a s*v* "suddenly" this morning, and he said it got worse as the day progressed. About 12 hours later the v*ing seems to have stopped but he still has a low-grade fever and body aches. It's now been 48 hours since I last saw him, so I'm not as worried as I was about getting sick now, but...

I was planning on seeing him Saturday night and had some questions: most things I've read seem to say that the person is contagious for 3 days after symptoms end (which is a lot--I always thought 48 hours). However, I have also read that the way s*v* spreads is through v* or fecal matter... does that mean I actually have to stay away from him for a whole 3 days? Or just that we should both be really careful to wash our hands? And is kissing, etc. okay or should I wait the whole 72 hours?

He doesn't complain much about anything, but he said this was hell, so this + my emet means I really do NOT want to catch it! Especially since I spent the whole day today panicking about showing symptoms myself.
    Last edited by klikittyklak; 03-12-2010 at 12:36 AM.

Default Re: How Long Avoid S* BF?

i, myself wouldn't be able to kiss him for atleast a week......but that's just me. i've heard that people can shed the virus for 2 weeks after ......in their stool........but that good handwashing will take care of that....

good luck!
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A week sounds a little much... I think after 3 days I will be okay with kissing him. I may not set foot in his place for 2 weeks though! I don't trust that he will have bleached it well enough.

I know what you mean..people never spray or bleach enough. I also open windows as well. I personally wouldn't kiss for three days...besides when the "v" stops it is over and as long they don't have a fever you should be ok
    psalm 139
    we are fearfully and wonderfully made

Ack, I have psyched myself out so much by trying to research it... I still don't know what to do! It's been 72 hours at this point, but I'm still nervous to be around him! If I don't go near his place, just him, and we both make sure to wash our hands, will that be enough?