Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Eggs?

Default Eggs?

The eggs we got said "Sell by March 10" and my GF used them to make cupcakes tonight, are the cupcakes going to be good or should I avoid them? She ate one so I guess I can monitor her progress but she has like an iron stomach! Anyone know? Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    When In doubt, God prays to Hoffman

Default Re: Eggs?

they will be fine...it said sell by march 10th? i would give them a week...they could be still good after that...the egg test...fill a bowl of water, if they float they are good if they sink they are rotten!

Cool thanks for the advice! My GF had a cupcake and she's not sick so I should be fine, right? LoL!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    When In doubt, God prays to Hoffman

"sell by" just means the shops can't sell them after that. its the "use by" you should be concerned about. usually the "use by" isn't for a week or 2 after the sell by date.
    "Here in the final draft, I've given all I have,
    Strange how the heart expands in the absence of a plan,
    There's nothing left on the page but I'm okay with that,
    I found my resolution was designed for stronger hands"

Quote Originally Posted by ann32 View Post
    they will be fine...it said sell by march 10th? i would give them a week...they could be still good after that...the egg test...fill a bowl of water, if they float they are good if they sink they are rotten!
    No, no, no! Quite the opposite!

Here is a link to the official advice from a cooking site:
    http://www.helpwithcooking.com/egg-g...-egg-test.html

oops sorry for the wrong info...but i would still say they are fine...or were fine...