Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Help me please! Currently have a virus.

So I've felt ill all day. It's just got the point where I'm sitting by the toilet and just had a pretty intense retching session, but no sick came out. I'm pretty sure I have a virus, my flat mate has had it, and I have all the telltale symptons, however I can't bring myself to be sick, it just won't come out. How do I deal with this, I'm really really scared and feel like I'm going to die. Thank you all for you kind support at this time.

Default Re: Help me please! Currently have a virus.

Poor you!

I hope you are feeling better by the time you read this!

You probably wont be sick! You know what us emets are like!!!

Just remember others who have posted on here telling their stories of v* and finding it not as bad as they feared. You are not going to die!!! You will survive this!!!

Hopefully this won’t last long for you and you will be feeling better soon.

i've been that way myself......nothing comes up......if you can get yourself to relax a little your stomach muscles will relax.......do you have any anti-emet you can take?

feel better soon
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey Josh - hope you're better by now!

It is miserable to feel that way and like you, I can't help but fight it.

Take care,
    David

I will say a prayer for you! I absolutely HATE that feeling. It's almost worse than the actual event of being sick. I hope you feel better now!

Hiya Josh - the EXACT same thing has happened to me (i.e., having the stomach bug that is going around + retching but no v*ing). NOT moving around too much (if you can do so) REALLY helps with this. If you move around a lot, it will probably make you feel sicker. Can you skip work/class? If you can, just lie down in a reclining position. While doing so, listen to your favorite music, watch some TV, whatever you can do to try to do to distract yourself while lying down to help you relax. Give it some time (2 hours or so), then try some ice chips or small sips of cool water (perhaps your flatmate can bring you some?). Take it easy - hope that you feel better soon!!!
    "People can't do something themselves, they want to tell you that you can't do it. You want something? Go get it. Period."