Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Im new here

Default Im new here

Hi, Im new here. i always thought i was on my own with this and that no other person could fear this the way i do. I have had this fear for 30 years. There are times where i have control but most of the time i have very little control. I have been through the medical system when i was younger as i stopped eating because i was so scared. I know it controls me and my life and that i have some sort of eating disorder as i either dont eat or i binge then want my phobia to have more control in order to stop eating. I have rituals that i perform when i feel sick that come with severe panic attacks. I have only been sick about 10 times in my whole life and would rather die that vomit. This fear has such a hold over me and i dont feel i will ever be rid of it. Thanks for listening

Jan

Default Re: Im new here

You're not alone, Jan. I'm new to this forum, too, and it's been a comfort knowing that I'm not the freak I thought I was. I hope it makes you feel better, as well, to know that there are many of us suffering with the same thing. Hang in there!

Welcome, glad you found this place!

Thirty years is a long time to fight this. I've been emet for about 20, but the past 5 or so have been mostly over the emet.

I bet some of the stories here will have a positive influence on your thinking! They have on mine!

And no matter what; none of us are freaks! We have a common problem we all hope to get past but that does not make you a freak or 'sick.'

Peace,
    David

im new to this and have found it a geat help, im sure you will too

OMG - you all sound like me! This is crazy! I had no idea. I have been dealing with this my whole life and it's getting worse. I can't imagine living one day and not being petrified. I wish I could stop eating. I wish I knew what to do. I'm starting to take gravol (anti-nausea drug) again all the time. I used to eat it like candy. I am trying to find a book or a program or a therapist! Does anything work?

i've been coming to the forum for 3 months now and it has helped my anxiety level immensley......hope you find some comfort and answers here too.

i've had this for 50 years......with some "time off" during high school and my 20s......no idea why that time period was easier for me.

i feel better knowing that i am not alone in this.......gave me the courage to finally tell my husband and my mom.......they were both very understanding after reading several posts and q&a section on this forum.....

hope you find some relief here.......read through old posts about treatments, etc......i find it all very helpful.

keep reading and posting
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.