Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Unhappy Help! I need advice!!!

Hi everybody! I haven't been on this site in a while but I am freaking out right now... So my boyfriend has been on tour for a month and a half. He is coming back TONIGHT and of course I'm extremely excited to see him... but earlier on the phone he told me had been v*ing all last night.... I can't tell him that I can't see him because of that, it would break his heart.... BUT I'm absolutely terrified. What can I do???

Default Re: Help! I need advice!!!

That is a toughy. Does he know about your emet? If so, then just ask him to stay away for a couple more days. If not, I guess you could follow him around with a can of Lysol and a mask??? But really, I guess I'd just tell him. Was he drinking last night? That could be a reason.

Or maybe you could see him but not touch him, or not kiss him. Keep some germ-x or other hand sanitizer around when your with him. That is definately a tough one. I wont let my husband near me if he has v*, for days. And we live together of course. But I don't know how understanding your boyfriend is. THis could be a good time to face up to your fear and take a risk. I don't know, I wish I had some better advice for you Wren, good luck!

Well maybe this will make you feel better. My ex boyfriend stayed up at friends college one night, and the next morning he IMs me and tells me he's been V* all night long and into the morning when I was talking to him.. but he wanted me to go over when he got home to take care of him. At the time my emet wasn't that bad, so I did go over and cooked him some food and took care of him, he wasn't V* anymore or anything. I did kiss him on the lips but I didn't make out with him, and I made sure I washed my hands alot and slept in a different room then him. And I never got it. He had the SV* a few more times when we were together and I never got those either. I think the reason why I didn't get it is cause, he wasn't sick at his house he was sick somewhere else so there wasn't germs floating around the house for me to be exposed too. If you do see him just make sure you wash your hands and try not to be all touchy with eachother I'm sure he'll understand.

Haha well my plan was to not get too touchy but that went out the window pretty quick.... It's been a couple of days and I feel fine... so hopefully I'm out of the woods? (Fingers crossed!)

As long as you don't come into contact with v* or d* particles (i.e. if he washes his hands and you wash yours) you'll be fine. You can't catch noro through kissing, etc.
    Elizabeth

Make sure he has showered, is washing his hands and such, and make sure you are taking vitamins, especially vitamin C.

You should be fine, just don't worry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.