Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Smile better frame of mind

One of my friends has been posting various status updates about her tummy bug the past few days and guess what? It didn't bother me. A few weeks ago my thoughts to such postings were 'oh my god that virus is running rampant out there, it's everywhere!' Now I'm thinking 'She's always sick. And I haven't seen her in a couple months, it's not like I'm going to catch it from her.'
    I was actually much more influenced by another friend's status about chocolate chip cookies. It's all I can think about now. I want cookies!!!!
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace."- Thomas Paine

Default Re: better frame of mind

Oh no! You said Chocolate Chip Cookies. Now we ALL want cookies!

David

Hmm chcocolate chip cookies someone posted something on here a few weeks ago about cheesecake and it was all i could think about for days (i'm on a diet lol) and in the end i went to the supermarket and got two big slices and ate them all by myself, and they were delish!

Thats good about the facebook status not worrying you. yesterday a girl at work was off in the morning because she said one of her kids was projectile vomiting, eek, and normally i would have a complete metldown over that as she covers for me every morning when i have a quick loo break so sits at my desk/uses my phone/pen/pc but i just took a deep breath and used logic which is the last time she sat at my desk her kid wasn't ill so she can't have contaminated it yet, and when she sits here today - yes - there is a miniscule chance she could have v* or poop on her hands or clothes but i'm just going to dettol spray after she's gone and then forget about it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

you did well Pauline with the woman at work. i had my own little achievement the other day - ill post a seperate note about it!