Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Hey All I'm New..

Hi Everyone,

I can't begin to descrivbe how relieved I was to find this society had been set up.
    I've suffered with emto for aslong as I can remember and I'm now heading itno my late twenties with no sign of things getting better - infact it feels like they are getting worse.
    I've decided to grab the bull by it's horns and seek thearpy for this and I have my first appointment tomorrow to get assessed and then go from there.
    I canlt begin to express how great it has been to hear about everyone's experiences on here.
    As said above I have suffered with emto for aslong as I can remember with my earliest memory/trigger of it being when I was 4 and a girl was ill in my classroom. I can remember starring at her and as the teacher was clearing it up she was making noises and I remember thinking then that I didn't like it. If you ask me what else I remember from primary school I couldn't tell you but incidences when people have neen ill near me I can remember them like yesterday as if they are playing in slow motion in my brain.
    I remeber when I had to get my tonsils out when I was 13 and the doc said that I may be ill due to the anesasthetic and I fainted there and then. I get extremley angry when I see it on TV or in the street - why would people leave the house if they feel ill???
    People at work mention it to my clients about me as a conversation starter and I donlt mind talking about it but at the same time I'm not a circus freak.
    I really want to make sure the doc properly assesses me tomorrow and I get treated but would anyone out there recommend specific treatments that work. If they tried to expose me to it I would run out there and then and I have waited 2 years for this appointment!
    Julia135

Default Re: Hey All I'm New..

i haven't gone for any treatment in over 20 years....had a bad experience with a bad doctor.......but i am thinking alot about trying again now since i've found this site......there are some nice success stories and i'd like to be one too someday.........in the meantime this site helps me alot by knowing that i am not alone in this..

good luck and let us know how it goes
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Hey All I'm New..

Glad you found us, you're going to love it here

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.