Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Smile Big achievement for me

so me and hubby and sister in law went to see the comedian ricky gervais the other night at a theatre/gig venue. i usually HATE theatre type settings and they throw me into instant panic and worry. but i was really proud of myself for a few reasons:
    -before we left the house my tum was cramping (ibs type pain) and id started to get worked up about that - just what iffing and making the cramps worse!

-once we got there i had some wine and it chilled me out and i felt fine tum wise. so fine in fact that i got one of those ice cream pots ater the support act - something id never have done 3months ago - incase it set stomach off. 3 months ago -well last year and before christmas, my emet had gotten so bad i could barely make it to work. and i would never eat before going out - especially anywhere like theatre or cinema - mainly incase it set ibs off and i then started feeling sick.

-then once ricky started, he always opens up with a little film - and it was him bieng sick down a loo! great - just what i didnt want to see after eating my ice cream and at the start :-( i was fine tho and just told myself its nothing and enjoy the show - and i did!

so there, i was proud of myself. my husband was too coz before christmas, we prob would have had to leave after the intro!

Emma xx

Default Re: Big achievement for me

That's amazing! Also the fact that you were fine reinforces that things can be ok and will encourage you to do more things like this again! The more you get out there and live life the easier it gets. Congrats!
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace."- Thomas Paine

good for you......don't you love that feeling????? glad you had fun
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

yes it just goes to show that we CAN have a pleasant evening and even if vomit does crop up somewhere along the way, we can STILL enjoy ourselves.

i just keep trying to tell myself over and over that its no big deal. its nothing to get my knickers in a twist about.

I also always try and keep in mind that I AM IN CONTROL. if i really did feel uncomfy or worried, i could just leave the situation. this has been helping me in doing everyday things and stopping the thoughts that everyone is watching me and knows im in a panic! they dont! its not all about you emma! :-)