Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

OK, every thursday, i always go up my grandma's for a lovely roast dinner, well it's usually nice, but i'm that picky with foods, and today the chicken looked a bit pink, the potatoes looked a bit green etc. etc. [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

But, everytime i have to walk back down home, i hate it.... because i know i've just eaten a big dinner, and when i was younger, i was sick after one of her dinners, and another time i was sick on the way home once, IN PUBLIC!

And that made my emet. worse! So everytime i have dinner there, i obviously associate it with the bad times..... and today, i felt a bit sickly, but that could have been because i was full, or because i had bad stomach cramps too

I'm getting more and more increasingly scared of going outside after i've eaten something now!

Hey Louise. Would it be possible from now on to hang out at your grandma's house for about an hour after you've eaten so that you wont' feel so full on the walk home? I hope you're feeling better now. Good for you for still going every week even tho it makes you nervous, that's a good step!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

The thing is, i do!

because i usually go to hers straight from school, have my dinner about 5:30, then my mam goes straight from work too, she gets in about 6, and then we leave at 7, so thats nearly two hours, i still feel full now, and i left most of it! [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

i'm just far too parinoid!

I agree, maybe you could spend half an hour or so afteryou eat just for it to settle. I dont think anyone likes walking just after they eat. Well done for doing it though, its good that you dont sacrifice eating with your grandma casue of emet

i've been every single week since i was about 6!

and i used to go every night to hers, as my mam worked.... but i usually go to hers about twice a week at the most now, she's getting old, hehe!

oh... but one time when i went to her's, it's was horrible... (WARNING... GRAPHIC!!)

She was ill, because she had made an egg sandwhich, and the eggs were out of date i think.... and she purposly left the door open for me, so she didn;t have to get open, and when i walked in.. she was sat with a bucket next to her. with sick in!

and i ran straight out! and then before i knew it, i was hearing her being sick! It was horrible [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] and it smelt of eggs too [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]YUK!!!!

it's still in my memory now, i can't block it out!

so now i'm weary of what i eat at my grandmas house! lol

Its so nice you have a good relationship with your grandma. Mine is getting realy old now (86) and is currently in hospital, I dont mind though casue we've neber really got on. That sounds like a nasty experiance!! When did that happen?

You never know! After eating a large dinner walking is usually the suggestion for faster digestiong, because it works your stomach muscles!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"His message was love.\"
    -Passion of the Christ

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberries

You never know! After eating a large dinner walking is usually the suggestion for faster digestiong, because it works your stomach muscles!

I was going to say what Raspberries said! But if you associate that with v*****, then that's a whole different thing.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] I wish I knew what to tell you, Louise! You say you wait around two hours afteror so until you leave? I can't think of anything else you could possibly do! Try keeping what Raspberries said in mind, though. Maybe that will help?

Also, I just had to say that the dinner with your grandmother reminds me of Gilmore Girls!LOL! I don't know if you've ever seen that show or not! LOL!! They go every Friday nights (mother and daughter) to the grandmother's house for dinner! That just made me think of that....okay, I'm done..
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

lol!me and my mamused to live with my grandma when my mam and dad split up, so thats like a 2nd home!

but now my grandma is getting old, i'm worried that she'll give me food poisening by accident or something! lol because i don't actually think she looks at any sell-by-dates!

I'm like that with my grandma. Me and my mum have decided never to eat st her house again unless its like a kit kat in a wrapper that hasnt been contaminated (I sound cruel!!) We once saw her getting a plate out of her cupboard and she hadnt washed it properly and there was a crumb on it and she ate it!! Nasty!

ewww talking about unwashed plates, my grandma hardly ever washes up properly.... It's disgusting, because sometimes if she comes down ours, she does thee washing up for us (we don't make her - honest!) and she doesnt wash it clean, so my mam has to end up washign them again anyway!

ah, we have the exact same problem. My grandma always insistson washing up whenever she comes round but if we cant get her to change her mind we have to wash up everything again. Also we have seperate cutlary and plates and mugs etc for her. She gets alot of coldsores and we just dont want her germs on our cutlery!! Does this sound evil?? My mum doesnt get on with my grandma that well, but thats because my grandma isnt a very nice person. She's negetive about everything and everyone she meets and is always tricking us into doing stuff for her!!

Quote Originally Posted by Louise

i've been every single week since i was about 6!

and i used to go every night to hers, as my mam worked.... but i usually go to hers about twice a week at the most now, she's getting old, hehe!

oh... but one time when i went to her's, it's was horrible... (WARNING... GRAPHIC!!)

She was ill, because she had made an egg sandwhich, and the eggs were out of date i think.... and she purposly left the door open for me, so she didn;t have to get open, and when i walked in.. she was sat with a bucket next to her. with sick in!

and i ran straight out! and then before i knew it, i was hearing her being sick! It was horrible [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] and it smelt of eggs too [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]YUK!!!!

it's still in my memory now, i can't block it out!

so now i'm weary of what i eat at my grandmas house! lol

Heh, I can so relate to that- when I was about 13 or 14 I used to come home from skool for lunch sometime, n my gran lives downstairs from us, n one day I came back n she was sittin on the stairs, with a paper in front of her with puke on. She couldnt get up or nethin, n there was noone in the house.. n she wouldnt let me call a ambulance or my mother, thats one of the most scary moments of my life... specially when she started throwin up again.

Yeah I have a problem eating out. I find personally though now that the sooner I can get to home the better I feel. We go to my parents quite often for dinner and games but we have had to cut out the dinner if we are staying because as soon as I have what I am sure is indigestion I think I am feeling ill and it goes downhill from there. I have tried to wait it out and stay but it gets worse. AS soon as we are on the home stretch to home though I feel fine.

I am dreading having to go to my sisters for Easter dinner since it is so far away and since it is about an hours drive we are expected to stay and visit with all the reletives. I think I will just pick at my food tonight not quite sure what I can do.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] There will be so many people and it would be rusde for me not to show.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.