Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Threaded View

Default Fear of Presentations

So in highschool I started to have a fear of giving presentations or talking infront of the class. I am assuming that it coincided with emet because I would begin to feel clammy, nauseous, and have a horrible stomach pain and worrying I might V*. Throughout college I'm still super nervous and I hate it, but we have so many presentations in about every class that you kind just have to get over it. I'm in my senior year and today I didn't even have to get up, I just sat at my desk and spoke out in front of everyone like a few sentences or so about my research. I thought I was going to V* the whole entire time. I'm wondering if my emet is beginning to get worse by using this site. I think that I had it really bad years before and not so bad now, but its bringing back memories about my long nights of being N* for no reason. Is anyone feeling like they are in the same boat? What should I do? I saw others talking about not visiting the site.. Maybe it was a good thing to see that I'm not alone.. My boyfriend thinks I need therapy now. The only things that bother me is being around others who have or are going to V* because I automatically think I am going to get it, or start feeling sick because they were there. And I'm super anal about washing hands and using sanitizer before eating or touching anything that I know is "dirty". I don't think its a problem for me, just my way of life. I don't see anything wrong with it. The only problem I really have is hoping I can handle the situation once I have children in my future.. Maybe then I might resort to this page?
    Last edited by PinkButterfly; 03-18-2010 at 08:22 PM.
    Let success be measured by the happiness in your heart.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.