Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi, This has nothing to do with Emetophobia but man it is equally important to me. I have been having some serious family problems and I need to know if something is usual.

First of all, please answer honestly for those that write because it is important to me. Secondly for any of you that have anxiety this might be understandable why i need others to justify what i already might or might not feel.....anyway, I'll get to the point. I was just wondering if anyone has had a parent grab the, push them, hit them, or grab them by teh neck. Secondly, is it still abuse if there is not mark left behind, because a lot of the time there is not eveidence that my mom went a little physco, sometimes its sore but that all most of the time. Also, has anyones mom ever said REALLY mean things to them repeatadly? Cause sometimes she says stuff like "She likes it better when i'm not around" and things along those lines, I'm 17 and a senior and this has been happening for about 4 years, physical stuff has been very light I guess you could say alot of grabbing by the neck of the tee-shirta nd slamming against the wall, the biger stuff has only happened recently.

Thanks for your help

Katie

It's definitely not right and it shouldn't be happening.NO ONE should lay a hand on your body in that way--especially a parent. If you'd like to talk you can IM me. I havent been hurt physically but I have lots of emotional scars from my mother. I'm also 17. I hope you're okay.
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

Katie~

No, no one should be doing this to you. I do not know where you are located, but if you are in the US, you can call the Boystown National Hotline(1.800.448.3000), and you can talk to them about this. If you are outside of the US, get on a search engine and find a crisis center that you can call to talk about this. Any crisis agency should be able to guide you to the right course of action and lend support!

Please call and talk to someone! You need to have support and guidance!

Mara

Honey, this is abuse. Verbal and physical. No body should ever do anything like that to anyone, including your mother. You need to get some help, because you don't deserve that at all. If you would like to talk, please e-mail me or IM me on GreenEydGlare on AIM. I hope you're doing okay.

xoxo

Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I agree with everyone..it is abuse and you need to get help so it stops..now...

what your mom is doing to you is beyond wrong and she needs to be stopped.

please dont hesitate to email me ( [email protected] ) if you need to talk.

Kayla
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

hey katie,
    i have had my few share of family problems, but not on this scales. However, i know that the behaviour you're experiencing shouldn't be acceptable. No-one should have to be told that type of stuff, it isn't fair. And as for the physical side of things, thats even more unacceptable.
    i agree, my mum has made a few offhand comments to me, some things really hurt, but i would always receive an apology for them, and if an apology isn't what you're getting, then maybe you should seek advice.
    Take care
    xx
    em

Katie,

Your mom's uncontrolled anger is probably a major contributor to your anxiety disorder. Both you and your mom can reach out for help, as the others have suggested - it's a good idea. Is it possible to talk with your mom at any time when she's not angry? Are there times when she's calm and says she loves you, etc.? Often, abuse goes in cycles with the abusive personcycling back to remorse/guilt and sort of "sucking up" to the one they've abused. If this happens, those are the times to talk about it, and about getting help.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

wow... yet again u sound just like me..

yet again.. feel free to email me on my addy's in my signature...

yes ur mother is abusing you, because shes not following the simple guidelines of a parent "PROTECT ur children from harm". it took me ages to realise what my mother was doing was wrong, and my dad as well.

she stil doesnt think its wrong now, but the important thing is, i do, and i know i didnt do nething to dserve it, its a problem from within her.

luckily ur 17, u can easily get out the house if not now, in another year or so. as i say, ur in exactly the same situation as me.

wud lke to help[ in ne way i can

Jen xxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN: