Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Positive Parts About Your Day

I think we need more general posts that aren't related to our phobia. So, to help us see how great and even normal our lives are despite our anxiety..what are some GOOD things about your day today?

-I took my last final and am now home for spring break
    -It's sunny and beautiful!
    -Our first flower bloomed today
    -My college basketball team in playing today in their first tournament game. It's exciting even though we are major underdogs!
    -My little bro's friends all think I'm hott lol (Even though they are all 16 it's cute)
    -My kitty and dog were happy to see me
    -My friend and I are going to plan a camping trip with our group this summer. I love camping and white water rafting =]

Ok, let's hear all the positives of your day...even if it seems like you have none =]
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”

Default Re: Positive Parts About Your Day

I totally agree with your idea about some more positive things!

Here are some of my day:

It was such a lovely day out I went for a walk to asdas!
    I saw my friend at asdas and had a nag!
    I bought some new make up and a yummy sandwich and fruit!
    I used the loillipop man to cross over and we had a joke
    I got tooted by a man in a van
    My mum made me 2 cups of tea!
    I started playign final fantasy XII again!
    I'm about to have some nutella on bread even though it's midnight!
    I'm guilty of being innocent
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by IceMaiden View Post
    I totally agree with your idea about some more positive things!

Here are some of my day:

It was such a lovely day out I went for a walk to asdas!
    I saw my friend at asdas and had a nag!
    I bought some new make up and a yummy sandwich and fruit!
    I used the loillipop man to cross over and we had a joke
    I got tooted by a man in a van
    My mum made me 2 cups of tea!
    I started playign final fantasy XII again!
    I'm about to have some nutella on bread even though it's midnight!
    Thanks I'm totally afraid this thread will be a fail, but I think it would be good for us.

Sounds like a good day you had! To add to mine, my team is actually winning!! Woo
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”

Yeh, I started a thread for sharing positive experiences in the private forum as someone had started one for the worst experiences, it hasn't got nearly as much input but at least some have replied which is nice!
    We're always so busy thinking about what's going wrong but when you get a thread like this you can actually think: Yes I did have a good day!
    It's not all doom and gloom, and woohoo! Go team crdo!
    I'm guilty of being innocent
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It was sunny today and I took my daughter for a long walk
    I bought yummy shortbread cookies with purple frosting
    I'm nearly done my spring cleaning and feel great about having extra space
    I made a new friend recently who has been going walking with me and our babies
    I am reading a great new book and am excited that several of my favourite authors have new books out
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace."- Thomas Paine

Today was relatively boring for me, but yesterday I went for a long 3 hour walk to explore the new town I just moved to (Burlington). It was about 15 degrees but almost felt like summer to me, not a cloud in the sky all day. The town was alive with people. All the outdoor pubs and restaurants were packed, and the beach/lake shore area was crowded with families and kids playing everywhere.

Maybe it's just the fact that this was my first taste of summer in a new city, but I had a really good day And I love the fact that everything (beach, downtown, mall) is a mere 10-15 minute walk from my house. No buses!
    'I am a sick man...I am a spiteful man. I am an unattractive man. I think my liver is diseased. Then again, I don't know a thing about my illness; I'm not even sure what hurts.'

Today was actually a bad day (my boyfriend of 2.5 yrs broke up with me out of the blue) so I need to look at the positives..

-It was almost 70!!
    -My friends love me
    -My little brother is pissed off at what my boyfriend did..and it's just great to see how much he cares for his sis =]
    -My mom and dad are my rocks and will always have my back
    -My one cousin is showing symptoms of emet (which is not good) but maybe we can somehow help each other
    -I got some sun =]
    - I went for a jog

-And I thought without my bf I would have no support system and I would crumble, but I didn't even realize how much of one I do have..and always will..

My husband pretended that he ate the last of his share of a very special treat I got from Germany, and when I was done with my share he gave me his that he had been hiding all this time, so I had an extra one What a sweet man.

oh, sorry crdo8 - I have now read your post and think mine might have been a little insensitive in light of your situation. I should have read more carefully! hope you are doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by qpaulina42 View Post
    oh, sorry crdo8 - I have now read your post and think mine might have been a little insensitive in light of your situation. I should have read more carefully! hope you are doing well.
    Oh no it's totally ok! I found out he started likeing another girl this week so broke up with me to try and get with her. He's actually gonna tell the poor girl we broke up a few months ago so it doesn't "look bad". He isn't the boy I fell for anymore, so I found the positive in it! Your man sounds very sweet! That's something my dad would do for my mom.

Today
    -Found out I am better off without him
    -It's nice out again!
    -Going shopping with my mom and aunt
    -Going skating with friends
    -I love my body again
    -I haven't worried about v* in 4 days!!

my ex did that - broke up with me to get together with another girl. They are married now, so I wish him the best

Good things about my day (and this was hard to do because someone in my house is VERY ill)

-Just had my take-out dinner from my favorite resturant (Texas Roadhouse) and ate just about every bite without being hesitant and worrying about catching something.
    -I got my hair highlighted blonde!
    -I got deep into reading Dear John and I'm LOVING it
    -My daughter has been generally in a good mood all day, barely any crying!
    -I'm about to watch a great movie with my boyfriend
    -It was soo sunny and nice out all day for like the 4th day in a row!
    -I took a big step by going into my mom's house where she was sick and even had to touch something that she touched but was sure to wash well and use Germstar!

"there's a light at the end of this tunnel" you shout, 'cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out. these mistakes you make, you'll just make them again if you only try turning around.. and breathe. just breathe <3

Just wanted to say that I LOVE this thread, it's great to have something uplifting even when I'm going through a tough time.

This weekend my boyfriend was sick with a really bad cold, and although my phobia isn't about illnesses like colds, I still had some anxiety going to see him - but I still did. We hung out all weekend and watched movies/television.

It was a really eye-opening experience. A little while ago I'd never be able to do that so it felt really good

here's hoping that we can all find something positive every day to focus on, rather than the phobia

My positives -
    - I saw all my friends again after a week
    - My bedrooms all clean again
    - I bought some new clothes that I am IN LOVE WITH
    - I'm listening to Katy Perry